Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Leaking on boost , boost pressure will be low ie less power.

Leaking on idle , varying idle speed and stalling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lee,

I think Evoboy is refering to an aftermarket type BOV rather than the OEM recirculating valve (Your question was slightly misleading as it referred to a BOV http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >).

At idle a leaking recirc valve won't make any difference to how the engine is running as no air is getting outside of the intake system.

Ref leaking at full boost, the wastegate and amp; ECU will compensate for some leakage anyway. If it's leaking enough for boost drop then there is something seriously wrong.

A way to check for leakage due to a weak spring for example would be comparing the boost setting with the valve fitted correctly and then reversed (When the valve is reversed it is using double pressure to keep it shut). Once you've done this experiment, change the valve back again (even if the car feels quicker) as it causes compressor stall which isn't good.

Why do you think you are loosing boost?

Cheers,

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply mark, i dont know if i am loosing boost or not, i have just read so much on here about replacing the dump valve if it is leaking, i was wondering how i would tell.

and it doesnt sound like i can without a boost gauge.....(i didnt know if you could hear it)

lee

ps. please excuse my ignorance, i am a new owner (3 months)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
R S Pilot,
I am refering to the factory BOV , leaking at idle will cause fluctuating idle speed , and leaking on boost will cause power 2 drop depending on how large the leak is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts