Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about going, but it is a bit of a treck. just wondering if anyone else is going?

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going with a few beer swilling, car liking mates Adrian.
Although not in the Evo as I want to get there without having to stop about 7 times for petrol !

We are off over on the chunnel on the Thursday before hand and camping at the circuit.
You are welcome to tag along, if you can keep up with a Laguna II and Alfa GTV. LOL :)

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3 of us going, leaving at silly o'clock Thursday. Tony you think you'd have fuel problems, we're going in a V8 Discovery!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi !

There's a bunch us going for 6 days. Including 3 GTiR's a Scooby and me in my rwd Corolla !!

We're leaving Tuesday night and coming back Monday night. I've been to Le Mans a few times and I always camped before, this time we're staying in a hotel !! Much better :)

If I see any Evo's out there I'll come and say hi, if you lot see a silver Corolla (old shape), chucking the arse out everywhere....that'll be me !

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He he, its not so much the comsumption as the frequency of top ups. I could life with 20mpg (3 up|PLS|3xcamping stuff and beer), but having to fill up twice in the UK on the way, then about twice, maybe 3 times in France, and then the same back....
Do the camping guys know where they are camping yet ?

Perhaps we should arrange a beer meet on one of the days
Or shall I just keep an eye out for you lads near the peep shows. :)

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tony,

If I do go, it will be in the EVO. And as for peep shows, Keeley will be going, so think they're out of the question. I would take Jerry cans with me, but don't think they allow them on the Chunnel?

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well.. techincally you are not supposed to fill the car up with petrol before going across either, but as the company pays for all fuel in Blighty its 'fill her up time before reaching the port. :)

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, I am going in the EVO.

Will be going for the 6 days and camping in Houxe Annexe again same as last time (think thats right).

Going will a couple of mates, 1 scoob and a TT Cab at the mo, but I think the TT maybe ditched by then as the mate in question wants to get something new. Could be 2 EVO's.

Cheers,

EVO6RSS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same camp site as us. We'll be easy to spot. We're going with Porsche Club GB, they've got a big crowd going (134 cars) and I'm expecting to be the only Discovery in amongst them.

Bet you didn't know there a car entered in LMP675 with an Evo engine in it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've done the whole camping thing three times before, built massive beer bottle pyriamids (4ft high!), got ####ed every night, cooked our own food, visited McDonalds a few times. Yes it is part of the experience but I thought I'd try it the hotel way, especially as we're staying for 6 days instead of the usual 3.

I'll come and say hi if I can find the Porsche GB group

Cheers

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm toying with the idea of going, never been before so I think I'd enjoy it. One of the guys who I work with is looking in to organising something. I've said that I'll drive over in the Evo if I do go though, perhaps we have a European Regional Meet on the cards???! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts