Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the latest on the Dragon front disc replacement ? Mine (O.E)are knackered, and I wondered whether to go for the Dragon kit or not - I think its probably still under development ?...........any advice form anyone ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spoke to Alan on Monday,

The Mk 3 discs are soon to be available. With a full track day year ahead I need a set asap.
Alan is active on here so no doubt he will reply.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys,
The mk 3 two-piece discs are already overdue. Unfortunatley we dont machine the bells ourselves (maybe that's fotunate...) so we are always in the hands of our machine shop who suffer from the age old motorsport problem: promising and not delivering... I have been up there three days running to 'collect' our bells which are due back from the anodisers, and every time there there is a different excuse as to why they have not arrived back.
I'm up again tomorrow so will keep you posted. If anyone would like me to mail them a jpeg of the finished ones then drop me an email and I'll hold it on file.

Alan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan,

give us a group price like 5 order £xxx 10 orders £xxx, so maybe some of us can come together and get a discount from you.

If there is no other demand, then just the price for one off deal.

my email address [email protected]

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe 6x would be better than 5x or does someone want half a set? http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
Just call me smart arse!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for pointing it out.

I thought I was actually refering to the number of orders instead of sets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah sorry I wasn't thinking at the time.....doh!

I would be interested providing the price is right of course!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Redfive,
Have you consider upgrading your front brake to an AP Racing 6-piston calipers/330mm-drilled disc? Is going for around Stg.1,800.00 per set.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone thought of having his disks frozen? After reading of the process,s perhaps the disks are good candidates for cryogenic treatment? I think that super cooling is now replacing heat cycling as a method of stabilizing susceptible parts. If it works for pistons, rods and blocks I would think that disks would benefit also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any more news on the Dragon discs?
I have found my OE's have also warped, I never noticed until I went to do some serious stopping the other day. I was showing off my E6 to some blokes who had just bought my old Mk1 MR2. It was quite funny, they were chatting away while I was driving along waiting for the car to warm up then I floored it around a corner and they went completely silent!
SHIIIITTTT! was all they could manage after that.
What pads and fluid do you recommend for use with the Dragon discs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I spoke to alan at dragon on friday.

The discs are in now priced at £450 |PLS| VAT.

I too have managed to warp the group N discs on my E6. I've been investigating the replacement options and found out the following. AP do a two piece disc and rotor set up, but BG developments have bought all the stock. I spoke to BG and they are selling the disc |PLS| bell for £252 |PLS| VAT each. They also pointed out that a couple of customers have complained about warping these discs ( they aren't drilled). The other alternative is the AP six pot caliper setup, but at £1500 |PLS| VAT it's a tad expensive, although no one has reported any warping problems with this set up.

Loks like the Dragon discs are the best value for money, and I think I'll be getting some before the Anglesey track day in March.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heaveho,

I will e-mail you the pics I have, could you post them if you have time?

Dragon 01206 865444 ask for Alan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe they offer excellent brake performance. Alan says the only recomended pad is the Brembo one at the moment.

The fact that they look so good is an added bonus.http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > Very Porsche 911 don't you think?

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
silversix you manage to warp the group n brembo discs do you have youre dust shield still on and with what pads did you warp them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi!

My evo v rs is now 25000miles and I still have the standard discs,they look really used but they did not warp!

Anyway when I use the car really fast it is on a back country road and not on a track.

The dragon discs whith separate red bell looks really nice,but I would like to go for a less expensive kit.

What do you think of the black diamond discs supplyied by pe in black finish?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I warped the group N discs in about 2500 miles. The dust shield is still in place and I am using Mintex fast road pads (can't remember the number of them). The pads squealed like mad when new but quietened down a bit after about 500 miles. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying some Dragon discs next month.

I've heard (can't remember where) that the black diamond discs will warp just like the standard and group N discs. It's all to do with heat transfere apparently and the one piece discs are all the same size/weight, so they don't heat/cool evenly (don't quote me on this its just what I've been told and figured out myself). Also heard that because the standard Brembo pad is so deep the disc can't cool properly under the pad when stationary.

Adrian

1 - 20 of 31 Posts