Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd give the old girl a wash and run out before storing away for the winter. I had to get the car to full operating temperature of course :) I don't have an excuse for the chavvy music like, I blame my passenger.

I'm not sure on the future of this one just yet but I might get my teeth into a bit of a resto. It's a solid car with all of the original glass and panels etc but the paintwork is looking tired now and the engine bay ain't the tidiest. It's a pleasure to drive for such an old car though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stunning mate is it standard? Got a saph aswell great cars!
It is mate yeah, original air box too. There's a few things I want to sort with the car. Someone fitted deadlocks lower on the doors and they look a bit naff. I'm reluctant to have it painted I think it's the only way I'm going to have the car looking better than decent. I'll remove the glass and engine etc, go as far as I can without completely dismantling the car as I haven't got the time or the space really.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the winter is almost over keep her out :D
That's a fair point, I have left it quite late haven't I :lol:

Stunning Chris, miss my Sapph
Thanks mate, first cossie for me. I looked one years ago for cheap but I didn't go through with it. Yet again, I paid over the odds.:lol: I do like them now a lot more than I used to.

These have grown on me
Now is probably the time if they have grown on you enough to want one. These might potentially start seeing silly money and as Staffi said, the 2wd saph is probably the one to have as a driver's car. Not as iconic as the others but in future who knows? In fact they already are getting over priced, people asking over 10k for cars with 150k miles on the clock...

Reactions: A12DY B

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,378 Posts
Looks lovely Chris :smthumbup:smthumbup...

We've had a couple of Cosworths in previous years.. Wish we'd kept them now :lol:.... As you say they drive well for their age and are still far more exciting to drive then many modern day cars :D

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
I've always liked these Chris, never owned one sadly and at today's prices never will :smthumbup :coolsm:

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks lovely Chris :smthumbup:smthumbup...

We've had a couple of Cosworths in previous years.. Wish we'd kept them now :lol:.... As you say they drive well for their age and are still far more exciting to drive then many modern day cars :D
Thanks :) It's not bad at all considering the age of it. It does tend to splutter a bit now and again, the thing had stood still for 6 years. It at least wants a good service but that'll come next year now and will decide how far to go with the rest. Knowing me I'll end up going all out :lol:

Reactions: squeakyclean32

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've always liked these Chris, never owned one sadly and at today's prices never will :smthumbup :coolsm:
Total spur of the moment this one mate. Idiot what I am unable to keep hold of money lol.

Reactions: M3 ROB

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I've had 2 rwd saphs and 1 4wd, the rwd's were great fun to drive. I used to love them in the wet because I used to set off on a straight road and boot them into 2nd gear and have them powering sliding sideways but moving forward still, extremely childish but I used to love that party trick.
Quits depressing that all that fun will now cost 10k+ :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've had 2 rwd saphs and 1 4wd, the rwd's were great fun to drive. I used to love them in the wet because I used to set off on a straight road and boot them into 2nd gear and have them powering sliding sideways but moving forward still, extremely childish but I used to love that party trick.
Quits depressing that all that fun will now cost 10k+ :cry:
Its great fun to drive, I'm very childish :)
Don't I know it, gave a little more than that for this one but could be worse, I could have bought a white tommi Mak, or a blue, or a black cough cough :lol:

Reactions: tommymak

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
Keep and work on it when you have the time. If you sell a good base car your going to have your work cut out to find another.

I sold my immaculate phase 1 GT Turbo in the summer, I regretted it the moment i handed the keys over knowing I would never find another like it.

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Thought you were done with cars Pete? :lol:
Oh I am Chris, but I know someone who's after one, my Nephew :thumbup: I'd be hung from the nearest lamp post if I bought another Cossie Chris :lol: Tina would kill me, I spent thousands on them:blush:

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Keep and work on it when you have the time. If you sell a good base car your going to have your work cut out to find another.

I sold my immaculate phase 1 GT Turbo in the summer, I regretted it the moment i handed the keys over knowing I would never find another like it.
Very true. The only thing this car lacks is service history, it's the only let down. Everything checked out, mot mileage etc but the history file had been lost. I'd didn't take a genius however to see that the car was straight, original panels, glass, interior, uncracked dash, bog standard spec, solid floor. It all checked out and didn't question the mileage on closer inspection. Crying shame about the history...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts