Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group buy for all of you too lazy to open your own garage door, you obviously need a powered door for this to work.

Unfortunately, these have a side effect of jamming Police LiDAR speed traps, and the Police consider them illegal for this purpose.

However, They are completely legal to sell and own, Just using them on a car and accidentaly jamming a LiDAR trap could be considered illegal by the Police.

Prosecutions for this have been brought by the police before, however, at this time no convictions have been secured, due to the wording of the law. This information has been added to make it clear to people that the purpose they put this garage door opener to is at their own risk and neither the MLR nor the supplier will be considered responsible for the end users actions.

RRP is £271.49+ VAT (£319)

Members of the MLR can get these now, for only £289.06, delivered to the door.

These are brand new stock and will be supplied with 12 months warranty and VAT receipt.

2 required to get this price.

Names below.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,027 Posts
I have an electric garage door fitted with a normal key fob. Will this system be able to work in conjunction with the one fitted? ie the frequency that it is currently at?

Cheers

Alan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speed junkie said:
I have an electric garage door fitted with a normal key fob. Will this system be able to work in conjunction with the one fitted? ie the frequency that it is currently at?

Cheers

Alan
Hi Alan.

I run group buys, I don't know what make or model your garage door is, and if this is compatible. I have read in the blurb that it can run 4.5 million codes, but as far as i am aware, this system is laser based, if yours is radio or IR based, i cannot really see them meshing?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
370 Posts
I had an older version of this garage opener LRC100 and it worked fine.

I had it tested be somone who had a door opener 'meter' to prove that it was working.
After setting it off my garage door automatically opened, and the meter confirmed that the door only took 5 seconds to open, after that I could drive into my garage without any problems. This was all automatically done without any intervention on my part.

I dont know about any of the side effects of this device, but I would suspect that as it opened my garage door, that any side effects that this device has would unfortunatelly have will be there as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
I'd be interested in testing my LRC100 install if anyone knows of someone with a laser "source". Saw a thread a couple of years ago on Scoobynet of a group meet to test their "garage door openers" with various sources.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
Jonny L said:
How exactly does this work Weebel? How big is the unit? Does it transmit continuously? Do you leave in the car? :confused:
Hi Jonny L,

The device is a laser sensor and transmitter all in one. It doesn't transmit constantly.

In the home garage door senario, the bit on the house emits a constant signal and when the bit on the car detects the signal it transmits back a code to say "open the door....it's me!".

Now the signal that the bit on the house transmits, is "very similar" to that of a police laser trap so when a trap is pointed at your car the device springs in to life transmitting back its "open the door....it's me code". This unfortunately jams the police speed trap, making you immune to them.

When it is triggered, it sounds a buzzer in the car so you know to slow down.

You really should get one, it's saved my licence several times now.

Best regards,

Ben

p.s. I am supplying this group buy, so please feel free to PM me any questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
speed junkie said:
I have an electric garage door fitted with a normal key fob. Will this system be able to work in conjunction with the one fitted? ie the frequency that it is currently at?

Cheers

Alan
This system wouldn't interfere with your exisiting opener.....but would provide you with some protection from the mobile laser speed traps.

Best regards,

Ben Scammell.

p.s. I am supplying this group buy, so please PM me any questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
markja said:
I had an older version of this garage opener LRC100 and it worked fine.

I had it tested be somone who had a door opener 'meter' to prove that it was working.
After setting it off my garage door automatically opened, and the meter confirmed that the door only took 5 seconds to open, after that I could drive into my garage without any problems. This was all automatically done without any intervention on my part.

I dont know about any of the side effects of this device, but I would suspect that as it opened my garage door, that any side effects that this device has would unfortunatelly have will be there as well.
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,887 Posts
APJ said:
I'd be interested in testing my LRC100 install if anyone knows of someone with a laser "source". Saw a thread a couple of years ago on Scoobynet of a group meet to test their "garage door openers" with various sources.
I know someone with a genuine LTi 20-20 lazer speed trap we could probably borrow! ;)

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Ben_Scammell said:
I know someone with a genuine LTi 20-20 lazer speed trap we could probably borrow! ;)

Ben
Lets arrange something. My LRC100 has saved me once but not a second time, which suggests it's position needs tweaking. Perhaps we can test the installs if you can borrow the LTi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
how dumb am i?
saw this thread a bit ago and did,nt bother reading it as i had just had a new electric garage door fitted and did,nt realise the "other " benefits :angel:
i would now like to put my name down for one of these please.
phill
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top