Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, thinking of buying one the weekend, would you go wireless or not?? reason i'm asking someone said the wireless is more prone to virus, is this correct??:confused::confused:

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
most if not all laptops have inbuilt wifi

have you looked at a Dell Vostro ?

I bought one 6 months or so ago and it's a great laptop for the price

just turn off wifi when you're not using it to save battery power and if you install a personal firewall and set up wifi correctly you won't have any security issues

:)

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Folks, thinking of buying one the weekend, would you go wireless or not?? reason i'm asking someone said the wireless is more prone to virus, is this correct??:confused::confused:
Hi ya Pete, wireless is just a means of connection (port) to the net, it maybe 'more' prone to being hacked or used without you wanting them to i.e piggy backing on your wireless connection than a bulk standard modem plugged into the wall socket but you can set your password and encrypt that password, virus over wireless doesn't come into the equation.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a sony vaio, pricey but nice and never let me down, plus can just shut the screen and it hibernates quickly and loads back up in the same place :smthumbup

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a sony vaio, pricey but nice and never let me down, plus can just shut the screen and it hibernates quickly and loads back up in the same place :smthumbup
Edd,

PM me price please buddy?.............:smthumbup

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Ive got a HP Notebook, the zd8000 series.
Excellent piece of kit :smthumbup:
Come with wireless/bluetooth the lot.
Well chuffed with it :D

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Was going to say this the first time around Pete, although I'm biased if in your shoes I'd take my tip-toes to the nearest apple store and see what they have to offer, been using them for some time now and I can't praise them enough, the simply work, no constant crashing/locking up, have never ever ever had a single virus with OSX at ALL.

The new operating system works really well and for someone like a good friend of mine who has never owned a computer in his life said of his macbook why would anyone want to use anything else? it does what i want it to do and not drive me mad in the process of doing it.

You can also run windows on mac's as well if you have to use windows.....:smthumbup

Just food for thought :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts