Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks back, fairly late at night, I had just driven onto an empty A27. Empty except for some plonker in his Rover in the outside lane. Now he wasn't crawling along, but he wasn't going as fast as I wanted to go either. My appearance in his rear view mirror did not persuade him to use one of the empty lanes to his left, so I settled in behind him.

The carriageway went down to two lanes, he stayed in the right hand one, I stayed behind him (I'm showing great restraint here).

A couple of weeks previously on that section of road I had noticed a new Gatso, but my SmartNav hadn't beeped at me to tell me it was active. This time it did, so I backed-off (well braked quite hard actually), and watched the lane hog move away from me. Seconds later, he's illuminated (a whole new experience for him I should think) by two bright flashes from the Gatso :D

For some reason, he then slowed to about 50-60, and moved into the left lane, at which point I sailed past him with my son unable to resist a smug grin at the bloke's misadventure.

For those that are interested, the new camera is on the westbound A27 just after the junction with the A280, nr Hammerpot.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
that's the way to do it...I think it's great when kids smirk at people....I made my little nephiew hold up a forest scarf out the window of my car, to the bus loads of wigan fans who were ****ed off that we held them....they're faces :crackup: ...what can they do to a 7 year old with a big cheesy grin on his face :D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black Knight said:
Got my first points there for 3 years the first day the camera started (93 mph) :(
Sorry to hear that :( Another fun piece of road emasculated - it used to be such fun coming off the A280 and booting it down that stretch :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts