Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... my name is Yulian, i live in Jakarta, Indonesia. Below is my Lancer 1981. I bought this car one year ago. At present it still uses stock engine 4G33 1400 cc. I am wondering to built this car become a Lancer Turbo.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Yulian
Converting a standard lancer into a turbo model is difficult. The engine, gearbox, drivetrain , brakes and the wiring are all different.

I think in Asia the turbo models were 1800 cc, but in Europe and the Uk they were 2.0. A good place to start is maybe to get an old Starion or Galant turbo to use the parts from, or maybe it might be easier to get a 1.8 turbo from your own Country and convert yours.

You are lucky because the cars in Europe and the Uk suffer from a lot of rust, but all the lancers I've seen in the Philippines have no rust at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Yulian
Converting a standard lancer into a turbo model is difficult. The engine, gearbox, drivetrain , brakes and the wiring are all different.

I think in Asia the turbo models were 1800 cc, but in Europe and the Uk they were 2.0. A good place to start is maybe to get an old Starion or Galant turbo to use the parts from, or maybe it might be easier to get a 1.8 turbo from your own Country and convert yours.

You are lucky because the cars in Europe and the Uk suffer from a lot of rust, but all the lancers I've seen in the Philippines have no rust at all.
Yes will buy a 4g63t in the future here in jakarta if have enough money :mhihi:. i am building this car step by step.

Only Lancer SL 1400 cc were sold in Indonesia in the 80s. Turbo ones didint sell in Indonesia, not like in the Philippines, Malaysia, Europe etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You gotta be kidding, that's in amazing condition!

How many sets of wheels do you have? lol
i am happy to hear that. i only have got 1 set of wheel, the rest i sold already to friends/in forum modification.com (my nickname is tentara).

Up to now i have been modifing this parts..
- exhaust from the header till the tail, cost IDR 2.000.000,-, process 3 days
- cylinder head (ported and polished), cost around IDR 1.000.000,- including mechanic cost.
- camshaft (i did in Solo Town in Central Java, only they can do/own the machine).
- brake booster (uses Toyota Starlet GT, my mechanic says).

i also..
- built custom front bumper, cost IDR 1.500.000,-, 1 week process.
- bought rubber rear spoiler (Indonesians called it ducktail), cost IDR 3.000.000,- used condition.
- bought side mirror (may be it belong to Jeep Wrangler), cost IDR 170.000,-/pair, used condition. The original Murakami side mirror is hard to get here (ducktail is hard to get too). If the mirror available the price at arond IDR 2.500.000,-/pair.
- bought rim Napre Japan, dbl pcd 4x114/5x120, width 7 inch, offset unknown, cost IDR 2.000.000,-/4 pcs
- cut the spring suspension
- bought tire Achilles Radial ATR Sport, 195/45-16, cost IDR 620.000,- x 4 tires
- bought Skeleton double din head unit, cost IDR 1.000.000,- used condition
- use my brother's retro equalizer Proline Arrow.
- use stock a pair of 3-ways speakers for rear, and 2 small tweeter speakers for front.
- bought Abarth Streering Wheel, cost IDR 300.000,- used condition
- etc.

the ignotion etc are still what i got since buying this car. The car itself i bought in July 2012 at IDR 21.000.000,- already use set of 13 inch Enkei Wheel & power steering.

next are..
- modify fly wheel
- change tire to 195/50-16
- restore all body/paint red color as per the car's document

Then.. Recaro Bucket Seat, turbo engine, etc etc etc hehehe... :mhihi:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bro, beli bumper depan type gsr dimana?
Saya bikin di haji nawi. Tapi harga sdh naik menjadi kalo gak salah 2,5 jt. Bahannya plat besi didempul dan dicat. Bumper lamanya kepake, dipotong dan disambung dgn plat besi tsb.

Kalo yg dari fiberglass ada stock byk di bogor. Harga cuma 1 jt. Menurut montir saya lebih bagus pake besi krn kalo pake fiber kata dia gampang melengkung alias rusak. Percaya atau tidak pelajari aja.

Ducktail juga ada dari fiber harga lupa. Ducktail saya ori bahan karet. Saya beli 3 jt.

Minat hp saya aja di 082122557868.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hai Yulian....
Indonesia have "REAL" Lancer Turbo a176 with mint condition
it's have 300whp++ engine setup :)

please find my post before

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hai Yulian....
Indonesia have "REAL" Lancer Turbo a176 with mint condition
it's have 300whp++ engine setup :)

please find my post before
Nice to see you posted in my thread. Thx.
You have got a good Lancer Turbo. I like it. Congratulation...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts