Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the lancer ralliart hatch s share the same sst gearbox and ayc pumps diffs etc as the evo x s or they different ?

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Yes same gearbox (but no S-Sport mode as standard) but no AYC pump (I think! :confused:).

Same engine, but smaller turbo and some differences in internals, smaller Intercooler, different BOV, different suspension (not Bilstein)...

Some other small differences also I think...but can't remember, too late for me to think! :mhihi:

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes same gearbox (but no S-Sport mode as standard) but no AYC pump (I think! :confused:).

Same engine, but smaller turbo and some differences in internals, smaller Intercooler, different BOV, different suspension (not Bilstein)...

Some other small differences also I think...but can't remember, too late for me to think! :mhihi:
Knew the engine block was the similar just wondered about the rest :)

Only ask as they go for very little ££ in comparison seen a couple at 4-5 k was thinking if I ever did need a major part for our x, I would buy one of them take what I needed and sell the rest :)

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
They're good little cars in their own right actually.

I got mine as a daily, modded it to release it's potential, decent brakes, seats all for less than £10k, my baby Evo X I call it..!! :mhihi:

Good luck if you want to do that though..!?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Do the lancer ralliart hatch s share the same sst gearbox and ayc pumps diffs etc as the evo x s or they different ?
I've had a Ralliart for a year and this is what I've found out.

The SST gearbox hardware is the same, however Super Sport software mode is not enabled. The transfer box with ACD is the same, not sure about prop shaft. The rear diff is completely different as it goes without AYC. The pump is different as it only controls the ACD, there is no AYC, so has fewer valves.

The front and rear suspension is completely different as are the hubs, drive shafts and brakes.

The engine is the same except different air intake, milder cam shafts, plastic not metal BOV, completely different boost piping, intercooling, smaller single scroll turbo, different water & oil lines & exhaust manifold/downpipe/exhaust system. As far as I know the complete fuel and ignition system is the same?

So yes, the basic engine (exc cam shafts) and gearbox are the same, so could be used to repair an Evo X. But the rest is no good. If you're looking at the cheap Cat C Ralliart with LPG conversion on Ebay, I noticed that too!

Alistair

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had a Ralliart for a year and this is what I've found out.

The SST gearbox hardware is the same, however Super Sport software mode is not enabled. The transfer box with ACD is the same, not sure about prop shaft. The rear diff is completely different as it goes without AYC. The pump is different as it only controls the ACD, there is no AYC, so has fewer valves.

The front and rear suspension is completely different as are the hubs, drive shafts and brakes.

The engine is the same except different air intake, milder cam shafts, plastic not metal BOV, completely different boost piping, intercooling, smaller single scroll turbo, different water & oil lines & exhaust manifold/downpipe/exhaust system. As far as I know the complete fuel and ignition system is the same?

So yes, the basic engine (exc cam shafts) and gearbox are the same, so could be used to repair an Evo X. But the rest is no good. If you're looking at the cheap Cat C Ralliart with LPG conversion on Ebay, I noticed that too!

Alistair
Cheers for your input :)

Wasn't really looking for anything, but seen a couple on the trader etc and they were buttons really

Wonder why they don't use the ayc pump, would have thought with the amount of issues people have with the ayc pump on x doing away with it would be a good idea :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts