Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
1800Evo3 said:

Suspension setup is similar to evo but with slight but noticable differences like smaller arb's and shocks/springs if i remember correctly. Again, evo shocks, springs and arb's can be used on CD5A GSR's with no problems and can be a good upgrade.
Evo 1 suspension is exactly the same with the 2&3 front shocks changing slightly. 2&3 shocks will still fit despite the small changes though. ARB's are thicker on the GSR than the early models believe it or not so theyre a good upgrade for the early cars. I found Apex springs and standard shocks with a new set of ARB drop links and suspension bushes was the best setup I could get with my old one.

Also the obvious difference between the GSR and the Evos is the bodykits which can easily be swapped over

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The later GSR's are based pretty much on the Evo 4 they're the CM5a yogi refered to earlier. The older one based on the 1,2,3 is the CD5a.

The bodykits on the later models can also be swapped over to make it look like a 4 and I believe most of the other parts as well such as suspension, interiors etc but dont quote me 100% on suspension. Theyre still the 1.8 but with a slightly higher standard BHP.

Keep the questions coming. After all this is where you come to find these things out :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.