Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a lancer with rear cv joint stuck inside the hub. Is it the same cv joint on the rear as the front? Anyone knows where to buy one? Dealer only sell whole driveshafts and they are extremely pricy..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate.
I have found an used axle for sale. From the oposite side. Not sure if it fits or I have to take over the joint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey again mate. Do u still got them axles? My new and old bearing got 25 outer spline holes. The darn axle i got has 27. This is an axle wich was suposed to fit on my car, bought from a wrecked car.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
really couldnt say for sure

I converted to RS diff off an 8 or 9, so that implies to me the outers should be interrchangeable, the later AYC diffs can be fitted to earlier evos (so 7 to 9 fitted to 4 to 6) without changing shafts, so inners are the same 4 to 9, just the shaft length Im not sure about

Your best bet is put a wanted on here for the complete shaft off an 8. There should be lots around from people who have converted to rs diff

If you are local you can come have a look at the 5 shaft and make your mind up if you want

Stu

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.
I'm located in norway, so not very local.
I guess it's stupid to buy yours too, without beeing sure on fitment. Do you know how many outer splines u got? My old got 25. This new axle has 27, maybe from a RS conversion?

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Thanks.
I'm located in norway, so not very local.
I guess it's stupid to buy yours too, without beeing sure on fitment. Do you know how many outer splines u got? My old got 25. This new axle has 27, maybe from a RS conversion?
haha, not quite local :lol:

If I get chance tomorrow i'll get some pics up for you, but it is probably easier just to buy a full second hand shaft off an 8, posted too you

Stu

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you know if the diff oil will spill out when i knock out the axle joint from the diff? Just knock it out with a hammer or use a prybar or something? Some precautions to be made?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts