Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All ,

Bought this car late last year, have an f80 M3 and wanted to have something from back in the day and 90’s Jap !

Plan is to strip the running gear and tidy the underbody and suspension ..some rust mainly surface showing but want to future proof it ... engine built by auto torque prior to buying had a good base .... once it’s back right I want to focus on handling !🙂

I’m sure some of you might know the car I’m an evo newbie btw !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers man still struggling to upload easier viewable images ! Underbody is good all suspension to be removed, going the Vapour blast route ! ��
Engine out and paint the bay to clean up ! Bang it all back together and pick a half arsed Irish tuner ��

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
https://postimg.cc/Z9F2Sv57

Stripped the Hubs shafts as much as I was capable of working my through it slowly learning ! Engine out soon and then move onto the Underneath first ! Would love all
Opinions on what to use to seal it's already coated in something rubber/tary like ! Has done wonders for a lot of it ! But want to better it and sort some rust areas wherever I find

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Making progress, good work :)

Not sure if its a paid member only thing that allows pics like this.... but i got your pic below to insert in post by doing below.

On your Postimage page click the "share" button at top, copy the text for direct link, paste it in your reply posts as shown below

Which gave this...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey cheers !!

Have been doing a good bit over the last few days
Engine out engine bay cleaned down of old paint to bare metal surface rust removed and some small
Rust being sorted now ... all bare panels coated with cr4705 zinc rich grey primer and have been rubbed down tonight in preparations for 2 coats of 2pac black primer and have some rust removal to do on the floor small area it seems not much ......bang out some sills straight etc ...... I'll keep Updating as I go ��

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The rear and front disc guards are discontinued so did a bit of gambling and diggin on everything and anyone with an evo that ever lived 😄 gambled on 1.3 lancer fronts (mike-Viamoto) they just needed to be hammered out and stretched in the main centre hole so they could slide over the front hubs.

The rears are off a Volvo s40/carisma (off some bogey in Latvia on eBay couldn’t be dealin with a slow company here ) they needed cutting, centre holes widened, then x4 new hub sandwich studs off the arm which do over lap into the now wider centre hole but its only to clamp over and 2 are still full on each ,used the old disc guards as a template felt like an engineer at Tesla 😄

Used the green off the driveshafts on the discs visible inner part for project mu vibes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Once the engine was out I removed all the other body panels ,parts and wiring to get ready to attack the front half of the car only.

There was some rust up front common areas in the floor and front upper wing support nothing major all removed cleaned remade and welded in. All the original seam sealer was removed as much as possible and redone with a brand called korapur. For a finish and protection, it got 2 coats of zinc rich primer, then looked at a chassis sealer called @raptor.official.uk ... after looking into it more we took a punt, I got the 4 bottle kit that came with the hardener you’ll need the specific gun to apply it too, all got from @partsforcars.ie walkinstown, good gear worked out well. The firewall and above the sills was painted in the original matching body color in a gloss finish, trying to keep it original !! Finish isn’t Concourse perfect but happy enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts