Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced this problem and found an effective solution - my car has done 30k T'99 UK Car.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I have the same problem on one of my calipers too, i have read somewhere that the calipers are powder coated, on my caliper theres a patch about 1 diameter peeled off, haven't found a solution to it, or even if there is one.

Prit

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I also have this problem. I think that it comes from the brake fluid. Perhaps it lost some brake fluid or when the brakes were bled.
Solution : Paint it again?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Mine are pretty bad and am worried about losing the Brembo decals, but I suppose that will look better than shabby calipers.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
We could wait until all the red coating peels off and them have the calipers anodised.... Just a stupid thought i ha as our firm uses a platers round the corner from PE in Uxbridge...

Prit

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
The paint on Brembo calipers is powder coat,u cannot sucessfully touch this up.

Even if u cud anodise the calipers ,which u can't because they are castings, a winters use wud destroy it.

Peeling powder coat is probably caused by a combination of faulty original application ie the calipers were not fully degreased before coating , the operating environment , hot/cold , hot/cold , winter salt , wheel cleaning solutions , pressure washing , stone chips , heavy handed wheel fitters etc etc.

The only solution outside a warranty claim is complete strip and re-powder coat.
1/ this will be costly due to the work involved on those big , complex calipers.

2/ Where do u find new Brembo decals ?

This is where my philosophy on using my car has it's advantages , as in I may be mad but by not using my car in the wet or winter, everything is still virtually as new as the day I took delivery , both underside and topside

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to my dealer tomorrow as suddenly all four of my calipers have started to peel. Will let you know the outcome. CCC agreed to refurb my alloys FOC under warranty, let's see how they react to this problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I have brembo calipers all-round from my EVO VI which are only 6 months old, and have done only 3000 miles - so are mint.
Just in case you find it cheaper to replace than repaint!

£400 the lot - including pads and the front discs

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE. My dealer has contacted me to tell me CCC is going to have to contact Mitsubishi in Japan re this problem. I'll let you know the outcome.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
GREAT NEWS!!! CCC have agreed (under warranty) to replace all 4 of my calipers with Ralliart supplied Brembo Calipers. See my post in General Discussion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts