Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on the fone to Liverpool and Victoria to check the state of things re: their cover on imports as i have heard they are no longer going to cover these.

They have told me that they will continue to cover imports currently on their books and are offering me renewal in April but i cannot add any more mods to the motor vehicle. If i do they wud not offer any cover on the car.

It seems that they will not cover mods after Nov 2005. Anyone else heard of this [email protected] change to their cover as i have had nothing through the post informing me of this?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[email protected]!

Just phoned back to check they where right with wot they where saying and guess wot....they wer'nt :( :eek: .

They now say they won't even offer me renewal cuz of the exisiting mods. Fvkin retards can't even get wot they do cover and don't cover right.

Wonder how many cars are supposedly covered that are not?...

Oh well looks like a day on the phone to insurance companies in the near future :mad:

Liverpool and Victoria...now seeing them in the light so many others have already done! :blah: :blah: :blah:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Loads of threads on LV over on Scoobynet in their insurance section - latest seems to be an apparent reclassification of group 20 cars to a 'new' group 26, big increases at renewal time potentially (as you say that is if they will renew becuase of the mods).

But then again there seems to always be the odd response from someone who seems to fall outside of this and renewals are ok, not sky high.

The general impression seems to be L&V not wanting to have so many high performance jap saloons on their books (or high risk cars generally I guess)? I suppose if they have an incorrect balance of cars/claims they have big payouts and liabilities to sustain.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like there gonna be saying goodbye to a lot of customers not insuring modified imports. I mean who has a Jap import without sum kind of mod?

Nevermind i guess there moving 2wards being a Mr Mondeo insurance co.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
have heard this type of post 100 times but each time i check, i get no problems, i can modify what i want, as long as dont change the engine capacity, no need to send details of mods if i dont want, and insurance has just been renewed and also was cheaper than the year before by 300 quid

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jason4656 said:
have heard this type of post 100 times but each time i check, i get no problems, i can modify what i want, as long as dont change the engine capacity, no need to send details of mods if i dont want, and insurance has just been renewed and also was cheaper than the year before by 300 quid
Any company that differs so much between cutomers sounds a bit of a nightmare. Hard enuf getting money for payouts w/o having agu the fact that ur covered.

Is your car an Import or UK? This might be the deciding factor and y uve heard it 100 times B4.

Will be interesting to see what my renewal actually says? Probable give me a discount for the mods know how these muppets seem work.

Has n e 1 recently renewed with L & V ???

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
I was insured with L&V on my UK Scooby, when I took out the insurance I was told the same thing that jason4656 posted. They didn't even want any form of security fitted.

When I got the EVO (This Feb) they told me they wouldn't cover any mods at all. Still didn't care about security though.

I assume that they've totally misjudged the risks and taken a big hit on payouts so have decided to walk away from modified vehicles.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
spn said:
I was insured with L&V on my UK Scooby, when I took out the insurance I was told the same thing that jason4656 posted. They didn't even want any form of security fitted.

SAME AS ME!

When I got the EVO (This Feb) they told me they wouldn't cover any mods at all. Still didn't care about security though.

THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN AT RENEWAL!

I assume that they've totally misjudged the risks and taken a big hit on payouts so have decided to walk away from modified vehicles.

AGREE!
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Just got a quote from Privelige :cry: Had the usual PIA convosation explaining mods. Quote is pretty average.

Hey hum, more fone calls 2nite!

I mean 10yrs NCB, <5K miles per annum, cat1, garaged in good post code and me being 33 can't be that high fekin risk! Had the car for over 3yrs too.

Must be all the neds getting them that driving the premiums up again. Clio V6 or Lotus Exige here i come!

·
Registered
24,445 Posts
SUSSEX REIMS said:
Any company that differs so much between cutomers sounds a bit of a nightmare. Hard enuf getting money for payouts w/o having agu the fact that ur covered.

Is your car an Import or UK? This might be the deciding factor and y uve heard it 100 times B4.

Will be interesting to see what my renewal actually says? Probable give me a discount for the mods know how these muppets seem work.

Has n e 1 recently renewed with L & V ???
We renewed with the Makinen then got told off here they don't insure tommis only VI GSR, after loadsa hassle they agreed to carry on with cover on the mak but said price for renewal this year will go up as its not a car they normally insure but as we've been with them over five years they will oblige :D

Seems they make the rules up as they go along, oh and i got it in writing about it being A GSR Tommi Makinen Edition just in case of a claim :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Think about it logically. If your insurance premium goes up 30%(I currently pay with L&V £605.00) my new premium would be £786.00. So that's £181.00 more, How much would it cost to sell the car? put too to get a fresh car? (assuming you get a more expensive car than yours is worth) Then you still have to insure the new car? (even if you got a cheaper performance car it would still be at least half as much to insure!!) Bring the new car up to your high standards? (service, belts, clutch, brakes, all of which I've done on my present car) In all the years I've been driving (30!!) and all the cars I've owned (over 30!!) I've always found it false economy to get shut of one car on the grounds of :- fuel consumption, insurance, tax. Because by the time everything is as it was but with a different car, you could have taxed, or insured, or put petrol in the old car for years before you even break even. IMHO of course

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
firebobby said:
Think about it logically. If your insurance premium goes up 30%(I currently pay with L&V £605.00) my new premium would be £786.00. So that's £181.00 more, How much would it cost to sell the car? put too to get a fresh car? (assuming you get a more expensive car than yours is worth) Then you still have to insure the new car? (even if you got a cheaper performance car it would still be at least half as much to insure!!) Bring the new car up to your high standards? (service, belts, clutch, brakes, all of which I've done on my present car) In all the years I've been driving (30!!) and all the cars I've owned (over 30!!) I've always found it false economy to get shut of one car on the grounds of :- fuel consumption, insurance, tax. Because by the time everything is as it was but with a different car, you could have taxed, or insured, or put petrol in the old car for years before you even break even. IMHO of course
gud point, only a knee jerk reaction instigating the statement really!.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
When I checked with L & V to insure my imported VII they told me categorically that they don't insure imports.

I called back and spoke to someone else and this seemed to be the standard line.

I then asked about insuring the VIII as it's a UK car.....no it isn't they said, it's made in Japan and therefore an import...........

I've made the comment before that most of the insurance companies seemto make it up as they go along and it depends who you talk to on any given day :crackup:

At this point I moved to Endsleigh, and then to Insbro's MLR scheme with Chaucer - 2 months later and I cost Chaucer 17 grand :eek:

Steve

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just got my L&V renewal through - up from £870 to over £1200, with no change in circumstances. Stupid. Looks like Im off to Tesco or Admiral who are still under £900.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Right, the plot will thicken even further after this! Was already insured with LV when I bought the Evo last year. They had no idea what a TME was but said I would be covered until the underwriter put it on their books. So I spent 6 months covered as a VII :(

I then get a new insurance certificate through the post covered for a VI TME (Import). I phone them to advise its a UK car not a grey import. "They are all imports" comes the response and "we do not regognise it as a UK car" :confused:

Yep it seems that they just make it up as they go along but it doesn't give you much confidence if you ever had to make a claim. Can't wait to see that renewal notice in June :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This kind of service is totally unacceptable. They are happy to take 1000+ quid of u with make it up as u go along terms.

U can guarantee if u make a claim they will claim the mistake was urs and try and not pay.

Personally think a steady amount of calls to Customer services might outline they are not providing the quality service they say they do.

Makes me laff when i get a flyer through the door for House Hold insurance from them, if they cannot sort out car cover for me car right wot chance do they have me putting my house in their hands.

Problably insure it as a cattle shed or beach hut.

now wheres that bl00dy CS number...bet its engaged!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts