Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on buying a set of R888 Toyos for the car but have been offered a very good deal on a set of ECSTA V70A's. Anyone on here ever used them?

Tread pattern seems quite good, but haven't found a great deal of info on them so far.

·
Registered
88 Posts
what sort of price have you been quoted? Am also looking at these for track days - I think the R888 might be to soft.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Here you go lads: click

Steve.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Steve - have you run the R888 as well? For track I dont want slicks but more looking for a hard compound tyre with stiff sidewalls (this is more a priority than outright grip) that breaks aways progressively

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
TonyR said:
Steve - have you run the R888 as well? For track I dont want slicks but more looking for a hard compound tyre with stiff sidewalls (this is more a priority than outright grip) that breaks aways progressively
Sorry mate, no. I've only had the Kumhos and a big job lot of Dunlop D98's that have lasted the last couple of years or so. The only thing I'd add about the Kumhos is I think the lack of grip was probably due to the tyres going off after a few laps when I was trying to stay out for 15 mins at a time.

Apparently the R888 goes off quite quickly on track though (see recent R888 vs D01 comparison).

PS: Dunlop D02 will be out soon and should be good. Avon ZZR's might be worth a look too.

[Edited to say: Gary (Nothin B) has tried the 888's on track - try PM'ing him.]

Steve.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys... I don't think my car will be quite as hard on them as an evo so may well try them out.

TonyR said:
what sort of price have you been quoted? Am also looking at these for track days - I think the R888 might be to soft.
Ive been quoted supply only £75 (i think) including VAT for 235/40 R17 size, so a decent saving over the other options, ZZR's and R888's.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
MarkFTO said:
Ive been quoted supply only £75 (i think) including VAT for 235/40 R17 size, so a decent saving over the other options, ZZR's and R888's.
Mark, who's selling them that cheap? Might be worth getting a set for that price.

Cheers,
Steve.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Mark, you have PM...

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Cheers Mark - got onto Camskill.co.uk - only problem is they want £142 a corner :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts