Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, when your import evo comes in the country with say 20k on the clock, then a 'dealer' converts it to record in mph instead of kph, does this 'adjust' the original reading, which is in kilometers to miles or just continue on from the 20k in miles?

Just wondering if my car has 41k miles, or, 41k miles but some of them were kilometers?

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I know when i bought my five the dealer give me a certificate (peice of paper) of the imported kms before conversion. Said the clocks not adjusted, illegal or something so it was a case of X kms + X miles = XX miles :rolleyes:

·
Registered
654 Posts
mileage corretion

It is not illegal to correct the mileage on a car, only illegal if the mileage is incorrect and you try to sell it as an alternative mileage. For £100 give or take you can get it changes, do a web search for mileage correction, there are several nation wide companies that do it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
andy i said:
As above, when your import evo comes in the country with say 20k on the clock, then a 'dealer' converts it to record in mph instead of kph, does this 'adjust' the original reading, which is in kilometers to miles or just continue on from the 20k in miles?

Just wondering if my car has 41k miles, or, 41k miles but some of them were kilometers?

Cheers
Andy
normally when the converter is fitted then the odometer clocks up in miles. obviously before then it is in km. i haven't heard of a dealer adjusting the clock to suit, so i would assume that your car has done 20k km + 21k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts