Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find the KPH converter on my E6 as I need to add a speed delimiter and the simplest way is to plug a combined KPH converter/delimiter on to the gearbox. Therefore I need to remove the existing converter first, but the problem is I can't find it! It's not anywhere near the gearbox or behind the speedo. Can anyone suggest where else it might be?

Is it possible to alter the circuit board behind the speedo to convert it?

Cheers

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dave,
Assuming that your car is a Ralliart car, the original Ralliart speed convertors are mounted on the bulkhead but the exact location I can't remember as mine got replaced before I looked for it. You should be able to trace the wire from the pickup point off the gearbox up to the bulkhead to find it. Ralliart now fit direct in-line convertors due to porblems with vibration of the originals causing them to fail.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
later cars were fitted with round conveters trhat were just above the spped sensor (on top of gearbox). Its difficult to see/get at because of the induction hoses. Try removing air box to get a better view.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All UK Vehicles are fitted with speed delimiters as part of the speedo convertor.
So I would guess that your vehicle does not have one. If that is the case then you just need to fit yours onto the speedo drive which is located at the rear of the transmission on top of the diff housing.

Search in the depth's of pipe work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts