Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i have an evo iv, just started to develope a rattling knock noise when going over bumps and turning. you can feel through pedals and hear it inside and outside car...i have checked track rod and arm,,seems to be play in arm(which would be probable fault) but as it is doing it over bumps sometimes and only after about 30 mins drive..would like to be sure before i change arm and end..anyone had this before...arms either normally have play or not in my experiance...not just after 30 mins or so but all the time???:confused:thanks everyone...

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
hi everyone, i have an evo iv, just started to develope a rattling knock noise when going over bumps and turning. you can feel through pedals and hear it inside and outside car...i have checked track rod and arm,,seems to be play in arm(which would be probable fault) but as it is doing it over bumps sometimes and only after about 30 mins drive..would like to be sure before i change arm and end..anyone had this before...arms either normally have play or not in my experiance...not just after 30 mins or so but all the time???:confused:thanks everyone...
shouldnt be any play in steering arm ,also check anti roll bar bushings .drop links or top susp mounts, usual suspects.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers,,i agree.. no play in arm until 30 mins driving done..link rods all ok,suspention seems ok(apexi n1) serviced 1000 miles ago been ok since..just wondering do 4,s suffer from internal rack play?? makes same noise when stood still and shake steering wheel back and forwards ..if not gonna try track arm and end...thanks guys

·
Registered
671 Posts
sounds like a problem with the steering column bushes/universal joint to me....could be wrong though

Get it looked at properly mate.....your life could depend on it if anything happens while trawling along

1 - 4 of 4 Posts