Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out where the knocking noise is coming from ?

I have just bought an 2008 Lancer GS4 saloon 2.0l DI-D and not sure sure if I was ripped off :/

I paid £3000 and i am the 3rd owner from new, it has 135000 miles on the clock ex company car motorway use, the sales man told me the car is good with no issues.

anyway to cut a long story short, driving the car 75miles back home from the sales yard, it was clear to me the car had issues and then it dawned on me prob's why it was only £3000.

Thing's i know need doing and have already bought the replacement parts

2 x Front strut/shocks from main dealer Mitsubishi £64.99 each, they told me because my car is more than 3 years out of warranty they can sell them to me under Value Parts.

2x Front link bar/sway bar link (blueprint/bilstein)

2x Rear link bar/sway bar link (blueprint/bilstein)

1x water Pump (blueprint/bilstein)

1x Gates cambelt kit which is made up of , Litens cambelt tensioner pulley (canada), small Gates pulley, INA big pully (slovacia) and an gates power grip cam belt.

The parts are being fitted tomorrow (20/12/16)

I was told the knocking noise would be the link bar/sway bar link's so i bought them ready for fitting, thing is i decided to look under the rear of the car at the left rear link bar/sway bar link and it looks ok ?

or is this because they are under load/wieght ?

would it be best to have new coil springs fitted to the new shocks or will the old ones be ok ?

by the time all the work is done the car would of stood me in best part of £4000 :/ or is that a fair price for the car which I have to admit i really do like it but at the same time wondering if I have paid to much ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Replaced all parts mentioned above^ today (20/12/16) and i must say the old large pulley and the pump (branded Audi) still good condition although the litens tensioner pulley is warn along with the small pulley, quite alot of play in bearings of these pulley, the old parts where fitted by mitsubishi

I still have knocking noise from rear left after changing both rear link arms lol

hmmm i thought the link bars looked ok but never mind ...

I guess it must be a warn rear shock ? anyone ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i suppose because i dont own an evo no one offer any help ?

well i changed the ****n shock still knocking, first and last lancer i will ever buy. **** this crap lol

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
should of bought an evo lol.

But seriously, its hard for us to guess just from reading what it sounds like. I think it would be a good idea to take it to your local MOT station for a pre MOT check or general inspection.
Places like Halfords do free suspension check as well.

Max

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should of bought an evo lol.

But seriously, its hard for us to guess just from reading what it sounds like. I think it would be a good idea to take it to your local MOT station for a pre MOT check or general inspection.
Places like Halfords do free suspension check as well.

Max
Wish i could afford the running costs and maintenance of an EVO.

I would of loved to owned an evo although im 47 now and slowed down, so opted for an diesel Lancer because i thought they were very reliable and mostly trouble free..

I sussed out and fixed the clunking, turned out to be an easy fix lol

down to me being in a rush assembling the rear shock i didn't notice Upper spring isolater needed replacing as well as the shock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts