Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help,
I've just had the rear pads replaced at the weekend by Ralliart and have now noticed a regular knocking noise coming from the rear end under braking. It is a regular clunk clunk clunk sound that gets quicker the higher the speed. Is there anything obvious that might be causing it (loose pad possibly?) or has anyone else experienced anything like this before.

Thanks in advance for your help

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Andy,
what pads did u have fitted?? get a weird sound from the front pads on my dads car but its down to crap pads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simon,
Ralliart are going to have a look at it at the weekend but I thought that I'd post on here to see if anyone had any ideas in the meantime as that is what the forum is for.
I wasn't posting anything against your beloved Ralliart so there is no reason to get too excited about it....

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check that your wheel nuts are tight, if they have just been nipped up and not tightened correctly this will definately cause a knocking noise. The pads themselves are so quick and easy to fit, they are just about idiot proof so I can't see it being them making the noise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy

Totally the opposite, mate. I believe that if somebody does dodgy work, that is the first port of call. If they have made a mistake we should know. I have no allegience to Ralliart other than as a satisfied customer. I am sure that they are able to screw up just like everybody else and I would not defend them for such a mistake. However, the true measure of any organisation is how they sort out their mistakes and I have no experience of that with Ralliart so am just as interested as others in what happens.

Michael
Is this a case of you trying to pick a fight wherever you can? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts