Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just new two the site got my evo in november am impressed with it but there has been a knocking noise from the front mainley when turning left and going over bumps but you can only hear it at slow speeds its starting to get to me any one any ideas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought it might have been them but cant feel any play in them but now i am thinking a cv joint but not sure
:mitsi:

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
i have this too a little. thinking it was top mounts . got them out and it wasn't those so i'm still on the hunt. ball joints was my next check

·
Registered
64 Posts
if you are running coilovers, check that the settings on the coliovers themselves have not slackened off - this is what had happened to mine and caused a knock on turning right/loading up suspension on nearside.

·
Registered
678 Posts
ive got the exsactly the same thing. its broken steering bellows there same things as cv boots but on the steering rack. both of them are split aswell, it looks like a pain in the ass job to fix but cheap non the less and allways worth a go at doing yourself.
i did have the part number for them some where ill have to dig it out, mr mitsubishi wants £47(vat inclusive) for the bellows

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
ive got the exsactly the same thing. its broken steering bellows there same things as cv boots but on the steering rack. both of them are split aswell, it looks like a pain in the ass job to fix but cheap non the less and allways worth a go at doing yourself.
i did have the part number for them some where ill have to dig it out, mr mitsubishi wants £47(vat inclusive) for the bellows
http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m8b0s2299p0

try here

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had this too chaps and in my case it was the lower torsion bar knocking on the sub frame. evo 8

1 - 14 of 14 Posts