Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while (about 3 years) since I've been looking at Evoscan and learning about knock/knock sum etc.

Being a complete novice, used to rely on Geekmapped for direction however, that site seems to be no more so now need help in understanding what might be going on with my VII GT-A.

Have logged a number of trips and have reviewed the logs. Some of them show a Knock Sum count of up to 20.

While the experience is less than novice, I understand that a count that high may indicate a problem.

Need some advice please.

Background on the car:

Completely stock GT-A
From Japan in Ireland in July in August 2016.
Still on (whatever) map it was on in Japan. (By using Evoscan/EcuFlash it looks to be std GT-A map)
Using Maxol fuel with millers additive.

I'm happy to upload the spreadsheet if anyone can help out.

Hoping to have the car mapped in Feb......

Any input/help appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hi mate not 100 percent but 3 counts of knock pulls 1 degree of timing and 6 counts uses the secondary table which is a safety table less timing etc not sure what your fuel is like octane wise but more than likely a remap will sort it. Things you could try are 1 stage colder plugs, clean out your maf and new filter (my car after i changed filter and cleaned maf went to the afr you would expect from an oem map prior to this afr was all over the place) and replace fuel filter.

Worthwile doing all this if you havnt already and you would want to do this before a remap anyway

·
Premium Member
20,584 Posts
As above post !
Have you given it a bit of tlc/service ( maf clean +plugs etc as said )?
She must feel hesitant with that kinda knock sum going on ( ive experienced such things years ago ;))
That 100 ron japfuel sorely missed by her id say :mhihi:...Re map first thing on list ....i forget who you said you are getting to do this for thee :handsup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah, haven't done the suggested yet.

I'm hesitant to go cleaning the MAF to be honest, had 'experiences' before.

Will probably be getting Robbie from TDP to map her.

I'd say on proper map or fuel she would be a lot more lively.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts