Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!
Ive got an e4 with a 6 engine and other various mods including an apexi fc commander. Ive been measuring knock levels, paying attention to the top right hand corner where it records peek levels ( press up to show this display). It reads 26 when i spank it. I just wanted to see what everybody else's max knock levels are(and power if you know) to make sure its ok. Too much knock=DET!!
Cheers everybody this could be interesting!

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
knock levels

Brilliant stuff!!
Knock levels are measured as a percentage. Think of it like "pinking" levels. I was getting 95 as a peek, before Rich ( RG Motorsport )took a degree of ignition back.
Mine has forged pistons. But that still means it can go bang!! The only BANG! I want is the one out of the exhaust (quite annoying when i go past plod though).

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
knock

im going to monitor that on the graph like you said. Good idea! When i was getting 95 it would only happen for a split second in 5th doing about a tonne, when i backed off.

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Knock level is measured as a percentage so id assume that if there are 4 LEDs then each would be 25%. If there are 5 LEDs -20 %. (100 divided by the amount of LEDs )
I dont know for sure but it makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.