Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i've got some false knock as verified with using det cans and running as little as 0 -1 deg timing and trying to confirm the correct xml to add to expose the knock control tables. only race fuel left to try. i do have a couple of ticking lifters to replace but who nows (2.3,fpred,bf272).

here's what i've found, but i'm not sure if it's for the 0009 rom. can anyone confirm. doubt it matters but i'm using a tephra patched 0009 rom.thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks gray. i'm in the bad habit of not checking the evom forums when it comes to JDM roms since most have no use for them there.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just out of curiosity, where are you getting your false knock (load/rpm) and what sort of count are you getting. I'm getting knock on tip in throttle at around 2.5-3k at around 80-110 load. Tried taking out tones of timing and adding fuel and still get it (about 3-4 points of knock)

I use the same rom and round the address the grayw has above. I've not got det cans as yet so haven't played with it. It would be interesting to hear out how you get on if you play with the knock multilpier.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Just out of curiosity, where are you getting your false knock (load/rpm) and what sort of count are you getting. I'm getting knock on tip in throttle at around 2.5-3k at around 80-110 load. Tried taking out tones of timing and adding fuel and still get it (about 3-4 points of knock)

I use the same rom and round the address the grayw has above. I've not got det cans as yet so haven't played with it. It would be interesting to hear out how you get on if you play with the knock multilpier.
false knock in that area does seem quite common. would like to know what causes it.

have you tried disabling closed loop? .....just an idea

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
If you look at the octane flag you will find timing is normally not removed if you get a low knock sum in this area.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
If you look at the octane flag you will find timing is normally not removed if you get a low knock sum in this area.
really? a knocksum of 3 or 4 wont pull timing there? hadn't really noticed.

.......any thoughts Gray as to why its common to have knock around this area?

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
really? a knocksum of 3 or 4 wont pull timing there? hadn't really noticed.

.......any thoughts Gray as to why its common to have knock around this area?
Transitional knock that the sensor picks up is very common, you are coming from very high timing and cross a lot of cels quickly.
The noise threshold is higher in that area than others, so even if you get slightly higher knock sums, the octane flag does not drop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts