Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Recently my indicators stopped working and I have been wondering what it was caused by....relays, fuses etc.

But thinking about it, I think the stalk/mechanism may be ****ed.

Can anyone else with an aftermarket steering wheel confirm, that the indicators automatically click off after turning and straightening up? As mine never used to do this. :rolleyes:

And now, they dont work AT ALL!! The hazards dont either. :wallbang::mad::goingmad:

SO, how do I test/remove the mechanism? Is it just a one-piece box with all the wiring etc?

:confused:

Cheers :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Yep - it is a one piece item. Two cross head screws under the steering column (drop the steering column to give the upper column cover a bit more room) and then the two black bits that cover the stalk and steering column click apart.

Two white wiring blocks enter the rear of the stalk fitting - it is tight so be careful when you separate them. Try just wiggling the wires first and a squirt of WD40 might help.

Then from memory two screws attach the mechanism to the steering column undo those and it just pulls out.

There is a small white plastic bit that is the trip for the reset - make sure it is free to move. Replacement is a reverse of previous BUT BE CAREFUL as it is easy to nip a wire when you re-assemble

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. Good write up.

I have an aftermarket wheel on the car, should the indicators click off when you turn and straighten up? Mine stopped doing this then gave up the ghost all together.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Not sure but don't think so as the trip is set off by the column turning (the white bit has a ctach on - it might be worn) have to say that the Mitsi design doesn't seem as good as others if you don't need to put a lot of lock on. I still have the OEM wheel so someone else may be able to confirm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.