Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered my speedo and odo are still in kmh, thought it was a bit strange hitting 60 in under 2 seconds. Any way when I have it converted to mph will the odometer go back to read the original miles. What I am trying to say is at the moment it reads 47500 km, if it is converted will it read 29500 miles when converted ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Moby,

Afraid not. The odometer will just increment in miles from 47500. All the conversion does is send signals to the odometer and ECU at a lower rate, the car still thinks it's receiving km. You could get the odometer converted to read 29500, but I think that is actually illegal as you are technically winding the clock back. Most cars I know of that have been converted with mileage already on the odemeter have a certificate saying the first however many miles on the clock are actually km.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Yep this happened when I had mine one I gained 4500 but the certificate tells this so really the car has done 4500 less than the oddo reads .bit weird but true.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys bit confusing, friend of mine who used to work at Mercedes said they altered the clocks, eg when a new clock was fitted the old mileage was entered onto the new clock. Would Mitsi main dealer do this?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
They don't change the clock on the mitsi,and you should also have a letter to say the car has a new clock as this is a clocking offence also I would of thought.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sure mine was turned back to represent the correct mileage when the speedo was converted.

That would have been done by the importer.
Should be places about that will do it, especially if you have some kind of proof

·
Registered
42 Posts
hi every 1
i just bought a evo 6 ralyart on the clock it says mph but the dial read up to 180 and i have reached that so i think it is in km so how do i get it to miles thanks :confused: is it easy to do my self?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts