Discussion Starter #1
anyone know anything about them or got it done

something like this

http://www.skyehomes.co.uk/
a house like this one

http://www.skyehomes.co.uk/skye-homes-kinloch.html

if i sell my house i get a profit of 200,000 pounds
after paying my mortgage etc etc

and i can get this kit for 47k plus i need land and bricks and roofing of course

i aint a builder but its very tempting to get someone to build me a house like this i hear it can cost a total of 150k and on the market this house will be worth over 300k

is it a good idea and anyone done this before

pls any info will be appreciated

cheers

·
North Scotland R.O
13,410 Posts
Great thread moses :smthumbup ive also been researching this field for quite some time althought i cant help you with that size of kit or the price of land in glasgow i can give you an idea of the sums ive worked out for myself ;)

Site in a local development £ 25-30k
kit inc all plasterboards etc 3 b/room £ 20k
building work verbal quote frm builder £ 8k
joinery work £ 4k
interior fittings £ 20k
other costs fees ect £ 8k

total hopefully under £90k then i can keep my evo :D
and going bye values in my town it will be worth £110k +

steven

·
Registered
557 Posts
We looked into it down here but land rose to quickly and missed the boat - but we did find this style of house which cam in quite cheap plus they supplied a supervisor to show us over here how to put it up

http://www.viceroy.com/about_viceroy.asp

Got loads of links if you really want themn covering all aspects and gadets

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
D2 said:
Great thread moses :smthumbup ive also been researching this field for quite some time althought i cant help you with that size of kit or the price of land in glasgow i can give you an idea of the sums ive worked out for myself ;)

Site in a local development £ 25-30k
kit inc all plasterboards etc 3 b/room £ 20k
building work verbal quote frm builder £ 8k
joinery work £ 4k
interior fittings £ 20k
other costs fees ect £ 8k

total hopefully under £90k then i can keep my evo :D
and going bye values in my town it will be worth £110k +

steven
d2

lol awesome mate sounds good to me, the new houses are rip offs mate its ******* so cheaply made, my house is over 120 yrs old its all sandstone and massive brick walls

i dont want to be working till im old bud, only way i can raise money for a fully paid house now is if i sell my current one

at least i wont have a mortgage to pay anymore if i do it wont be much

way the tax's are going, government is gonna screw us bad, might as well try to buy a home its fully paid instead of slaving myself for the rest of my life paying off bills :D

mate a 5 bedroom one is the one i want, my own home is a 5 bedroom one but the 5th bedroom we use as a store room :D

thanks bud any advice is appreciated, i think its the way to go, but the land is a problem, trying to find one

near glasgow, im a glasgow boy i dont wanna move anywhere else

bodi thanks bud :)

pls any info will be awesome

i like this one bodi in your link

can we use sandstone instead of wood in the outside

and this one

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
moses land is the killer.

even here in clackmannanshire theres a plot going just now for offers over £68K.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
love the idea of having the house you've always wanted for a price thats realistic, wonder if insurance costs would be expensive for timber houses. Lookslike everyones gonna be on the lookout for land now after this thread

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WULLIE said:
moses land is the killer.

even here in clackmannanshire theres a plot going just now for offers over £68K.
mate i checked them out too far but a nice area :)

2 bar i thought all new homes were timber kits, but it dont seem to be, i want to build a traditional built home with bricks and stuff, i was told the new houses by bellway and others are timber too, which turned out to be bullshit

i dont want a home thats majority all wooden :D

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
i was putting that up moo for a comparison. thats over here where house prices are nowhere near as expensive as glasgow. so you can imagine the cost of the land over your way.

most new homes are wooden kits. weve had almost every house builder in this area over the last 3yrs and everyone is making houses from kit. cheap sh!te that thrown up in 2 weeks, usually in the winter so its soaked and folk are in them within 3 weeks.

i was in milngavie yesterday moo. thats where you want one. some belters up there. ;)

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
The problem with property development is not the building materials or the land but being close enough to get services put in at a realistic price.

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WULLIE said:
i was putting that up moo for a comparison. thats over here where house prices are nowhere near as expensive as glasgow. so you can imagine the cost of the land over your way.

most new homes are wooden kits. weve had almost every house builder in this area over the last 3yrs and everyone is making houses from kit. cheap sh!te that thrown up in 2 weeks, usually in the winter so its soaked and folk are in them within 3 weeks.

i was in milngavie yesterday moo. thats where you want one. some belters up there. ;)
wullie milngavie is awesome bud haha millionaires row, i dont think i can afford land their :D nae chance bud

and u are right mate, even if i can get some nice land at lenzie ort chapelhall will be awesome

duncan mate will check the link out and cheers bud when the time comes will give u a shout, i need to sell my house first :lol: nice houses by the way duncan, class stuff :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts