Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
i seem to remember hearing of a cosworth 4x4 based kit and a few people asking question about whether an evo engine would fit in but i cant say if it had been done or not. would be nice to see a kit like mine with an evo engine and running gear as it would be fast a hell.

You thinking of trying it?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Don't know about kit cars, but there have been a couple of Colts with evo running gear recently. That's got to be a weapon! :naughty:

Oh, and I had started converting a Pug 309 to 4x4 turbo a while back. Then I found out the Pug 4 wheel drive system was crap so I stopped it. I'm sure it'd go well with evo running gear! Moral of the story - ultimately, you could convert anything you want to evo 4x4. You just need a good tool set and a welder! (Oh and a bloody big angle grinder!)

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
quite like the clio,,, except for that hideous rear wing :blah:

I bet it took alot of time ,money and nightmares to create it :wallbang:

John

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Can't say I've heard of any Evo based kit cars? There was an Impreza based one a few years back though. Was a nice looking car too, if I remember correctly.

Have a look here Rog:coolsm:

·
Premium Member
9,904 Posts
What ever happened to the Xtreme X1 :confused:

The prototype looked a bit like a kit car ;) http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=138381&highlight=Xtreme+X1

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
im currently penning the plans down for fitting my spare engine etc into a 106 quiksilver, should be done for the summer :D

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
LOL - EVO conversions can go badly wrong though :eek:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156448

Rog :crackup:
I remember seeing that a while ago :lol: wrong on so many levels, there are some really bored people out there :lol:

Rog, there is no reason why the engine and running gear wouldn't suit a cigar-tube such as a DAX. Even with the best kits some unique fabrications are required, although the primary kit would need to be plenty strong enough beneath the surface to take the power of a 4x4 layout - like the DAX rush :D not like any of the other offerings :mad: (unless you mod the chassis yourself).

What are you hungry for?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
...the music makes sense on track - "I'm done and on to the next one!!!"

Wow - where has this wee pocket-rocket been hiding? So Rog, will you have an Evo 4 shell to sell soon then :lol:

Dream Green ;)

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very helpful reply from Adrenaline, but sounds like too big a job :(

Rog :)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 01 March 2008 09:42
To: 'Roger A Blake'
Subject: RE: Murtaya

Hello Roger,

Well nothing is impossible!

I think that there would be quite a lot of work involved in making it happen and I have very little experience of the Mitsubishi running gear so I do not know about the packaging requirements.

My key concern would be the bonnet line as obviously there is quite a difference between the Impreza and Evo engines.

You would also need to look carefully at the suspension mounting points as being a structural monocoque it has been designed around mounting the Impreza suspension and controlling the loads which that creates.

With a different suspension system installed the loads would clearly be different and this would need some careful consideration to ensure that there are no safety implications.

We could certainly help with a feasibility study on the install if you were seriously interested in looking at it further, I would suggest that a visit to us is the next logical step.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have any further questions or to make an appointment to visit.

Kind regards,

Neil.

Neil Yates
Managing Director
Adrenaline Motorsport Limited
[email protected]
01637 889351

1 - 20 of 25 Posts