Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my rocker cover polished Again,and intercooler pipes.

Is there something out there that you can put on after being polished up,to stop the water (rain) for making it all crapy !!

I.e some sort of heat resistant laquer maybe??

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
if you drive it fast enough the rain doesnt get a chance to get onto it. just polish it the same way u polish your head. with your hand and a sock :crackup:

only kiddin pal :D theres stuff called PEEK you can get it in halfords its a metal polish dont put lacquer on it as that will discolour over time and need re-done.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi

Dont get Peek its rubbish, if you must polish it try Belgom,(comes in Blue/white pot) can be hard to source cost around a fiver. Unless you powder coat it clear its polishing from now on :D
Good old Autosol is better than Peek personally.

Cheers Paul

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
RS_BOTT said:
Hi

Dont get Peek its rubbish, if you must polish it try Belgom,(comes in Blue/white pot) can be hard to source cost around a fiver. Unless you powder coat it clear its polishing from now on :D
Good old Autosol is better than Peek personally.

Cheers Paul
your probably correct. ive never used it but just seen it in there when buying other parts

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
there is only 1 way and that is to get it ball burnished . this is like shot peening and it works by making the surface hard and resists any form of corrosion . had most of my ally stuff done even the inlet manifold . it never needs to be polished only washed with soapy water . do a search for it on the web .

dave

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Whatever you do don't use Autosol or autoglym metel polish as they are course and will scratch the surface and although they will be shiney they won't have the just bought look.
We did 29 shows last season and used Peek all year with no scratching on any of the tanks etc. It is not course so wont damage your bits. You can use regular wax (autoglym)too . put a drop between your finger and thumb and rub, if it feels gritty, rough or abrasive it will be.

·
Registered
20,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dave has the idea,i want a coat over it so it wont oxidize!!not just a polish.

Thanx Dave i'll look into it!! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts