Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, asking question on behalf of Heres Jonny.

His evo 4 has a very sick rear diff at the moment.

The car was on the rolling road this morning, and on coast down the car made some funny noises and then suddenly jolted and locked up the back wheels :(

We could smell gear oil, and thought the worst, anyway had a look under the car and all was clean and dry.

So we got it off the rollers, and it drove fine around the carpark, nothing unusual, so we assumed there was something on it's way out, but not quite dead yet.

Anyway as we left we got about 300 yards before the diff made some very nasty noises and we decided to call it a day.

Anyway he's now on the lookout for a new rear diff, the casing on his seems fine (as there is no oil leaking from it), and it's currently an evo8 AYC diff with cusco internals.

Just wondering if anyone knows A) if the Kazz 1.5 way LSD is any good, B) if it will fit into the AYC casing, and C) whats a good price to pay for one ??

Or does anyone know how much new cusco internals are, or what other options there are to fit in the evo8 AYC diff casing.

Any help would be good on this 1.

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KAAZ is an excellent diff, but its only for the RS.

Which Cusco diff has he got, MZ or RS (nothing to do with RS or GSR, Cusco have an option on all thier difs called an RS) and what way, 1, 1.5 or 2 way?
I am not sure mate, and I don't think he is sure either.

All we know is that it's cusco internals inside an e8 AYC diff and that it's broke :(

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok mate, well he's gonna try and get it home on monday, and then I guess he will remove it and strip it down and findout whats what with it.

I think it was my coilpacks that did it, gave it too much extra power ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Naa Jonny would be scratching his head wondering how to get home from his 0-100-0 day :p :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts