Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, does anyone know how to fit the kakimoto exhaust on the evo 4? theres no rods to go onto the bungies and im struggling to find out how to fit this!!

i have a feeling that i need the standard exhaust brackets, could anyone tell me if this is the case or not please!

thanks

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'm pretty sure the kakimoto on mine had all the brackets on it from day 1 (when I say mounts I mean bars welded to it) It doesn't use all the original mounting points though.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for that graham!

the kakimoto that ive got has some kind of brackets welded to it (see pic)
im just wondering if im suppose to use some kind of tool to bolt it into the bungies??? i dunno im confused

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Had a look at mine and theres just 12mm bolts (or whatever the standard bolts are) going through the bungies into those brakets. My rearmost bracket is a bit different as it's 2 bars going back with a plate welded to them that takes a bolt as well, as in its a threaded hole.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
the kakimoto that ive got has some kind of brackets welded to it (see pic)
im just wondering if im suppose to use some kind of tool to bolt it into the bungies??? i dunno im confused
Just the bolts and bushes that came with the car from the factory. Yours seem to have been lost if previous exhaust was a cheap one that just had rods stuck in to the holes in the hangers.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just the bolts and bushes that came with the car from the factory. Yours seem to have been lost if previous exhaust was a cheap one that just had rods stuck in to the holes in the hangers.
my evo started off with a ralliart system on it, to which i swopped for a RS*R cat back system, all the brackets that was on the ralliart went to the other car as the RS*R didnt need brackets, it just sat on the bungies! i wouldnt call it "CHEAP" id call it a very RARE system to be honest!!! then the RSR got corroded so got a kakimoto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts