Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hey everyone

I said a while back I was after an evo and I placed a deposit down on one today.

I was looking for one of the iconic shape evos as opposed to the evo x, but I wanted it to have low mileage which is what I'm usually used to when buying cars.

I've got this evo mr fq340 on hold for me now. 7000 miles on the clock from new. Dry stored for the last 8 years.

Quite expensive - £17,500 but the mileage will stay low so I'd hope that after a year or so I'd still get a good chunk back.

Quick question - I want to up the power. Is it just fuel pump and remap that's needed and what sort of figures does that produce. I don't really want to change too much about the car.

[/URL]
personally if you have paid that much for such a clean example i'd enjoy it as it is :confused: assuming you will not put many miles on it the fact you bought it as a clean low milage standard car means they are still in demand in that state at a top price but there are cars on here that have had so much spent on them they just get broken as they cannot recoup money spent :smthumbup:smthumbup my sugestion would be keep it near standard , however exhaust, fuel pump air filter and re- map will see 360hp poss a bit more but why pay that much for a great low miler in standard form :confused::confused:
just my thoughts obviously :smthumbup, looks a great example anyways:smthumbup

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah really valid point. I've come from a 360bhp subaru impreza so Id like to just hike the power a bit to match that so it doesn't feel so much like a step backwards.

I'd prefer the mods to be 'hidden' so if I could get away without the exhaust and air filter is a fuel pump and remap still worthwhile?

Otherwise it will stay as it is. Low mileage was a big plus for me. It will presumably feel almost like a new car as I usually buy 2 or 3 year old cars.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice but personally for the amount spent i would have picked up a nice Evo 9 with low mileage from this forum.
I did keep looking but there were some with 50k miles, many with tonnes of mods and the low mileage clean ones were demanding 23 to 26 thousand on auto trader

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Yeah really valid point. I've come from a 360bhp subaru impreza so Id like to just hike the power a bit to match that so it doesn't feel so much like a step backwards.

I'd prefer the mods to be 'hidden' so if I could get away without the exhaust and air filter is a fuel pump and remap still worthwhile?

Otherwise it will stay as it is. Low mileage was a big plus for me. It will presumably feel almost like a new car as I usually buy 2 or 3 year old cars.
tbh think i'd speak to a tuner and have it mapped first as said if you start trying to get past stage one mods ie air filter and exhaust , re-map then it won't be the origonal car you wanted:confused:, there are cars for sale on here with not that many more miles with great mods for allot less £ hence why think its maybee worth more left alone :smthumbup

welcome and best wishes anyway :lol::smthumbup

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
You could turn it into a 600hp monster hardly changing the way is looks externally - and spend a further £20K in the process, or more. Keeping it totally standard may be a better bet:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
fuel pump/de cat pipe/3 port boost solenoid/remap/ That will get you 375/400bhp as thats an mr engine. It has better cams and other bits.will cost you 500 to 700 pounds. How old are them tyres? get the dealer to put a new set on for that price!

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
looks clean underneath :smthumbup but mine looks equally as clean :naughty: :mhihi: with 35k on the clock :D sorry couldn't resist :lol:

enjoy ye 8MR good choice ;)

John

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
It's a lot of pennies 4 a standard car, personally I'd keep it that way-you will lose double bubble if you modify!!! Wynford are know locally as there mark up is approx 35-40%, they bought an fq320 viii for 6k off the sister of somebody who passed away, next day it was up for £10,750!?! But if you like the deal go for it!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought a EVO not long ago from wynford motors and seen this EVO while I was there it was in showroom condition like it just came of the production line It was over my budget otherwise I would have purchased it its a very rare chance to buy a vehicle like this with super lower miles I personally would keep it standard and keep it in tip top condition and value wise in years to come it will and should go up as I've not seen 1 like this for sale anywhere with very very low miles:smthumbup:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Nice car, looks neat.

But!

I really hope you know what your doing? As that's a lot of money for a 8/9 coming upto 10 year old car and it isn't the 'special' top of range evo 8 either (fq400).

You said your gonna modify it?:confused: that's just going to devalue it.

Why buy a evo 8 when you can buy a evo 9? Evo 9 is like everything the evo 8 has but better in all aspects and newer.

I seriously genuinely hope you don't lose too much money on this, sorry to sound so harsh.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Wow, thats expensive...i may need to put the price up on the one i have for sale.

enjoy the car though mate, just dont expect to get anywhere near that back when you come to sell it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm happy to pay that price for the mileage alone. Every car I've owned has had less than 10k miles but buying an older evo meant I couldn't find anything with that mileage at all. I keep my cars for around 18 months before moving on. I also am exceptionally fussy. The subaru impreza I used to own I paid nearly half a grand buying new interior pieces of trim as they were a bit scratched in places. If the seats were scuffed I'd get them re trimmed. If the bonnets were stone chipped I'd get them re sprayed. If the windscreens were swirl marked in the low sunlight I'd get them changed. I'd end up spending thousands so that the day someone came to look at it I could genuinely say this is the best example you will find. The purchase price of this car is a little high but I am off setting the money id usually throw at a car because of its silly low mileage.

In terms of modifications I only want a couple of hidden mods to up the power. Just remap or remap and fuel pump. No exhaust ideally, no air filters etc.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
wasn't that the one that was shown on here about year ago- one of the traders found 2 with less than 10K on the clock?

Anyway, get it to one of the decent tuners and I'm certain they'll be able to get you some decent power gains without changing the exhaust and AF.

Where are you and people will be able to give you an idea of which tuners are around your area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wasn't that the one that was shown on here about year ago- one of the traders found 2 with less than 10K on the clock?

Anyway, get it to one of the decent tuners and I'm certain they'll be able to get you some decent power gains without changing the exhaust and AF.

Where are you and people will be able to give you an idea of which tuners are around your area.
Thanks matey. I'm in Kent. What local tuners do I have?

They've said when I pick it up end of feb mot will be 12 months and tax shouldn't be a problem. The tyres are brand new too and I've asked for it to be checked and undersealed if needs be which they agreed to. Be a shame to ruin a clean underside because it will be driven in all weathers.

I called a lot of tuners I googled and said I was interested in paying 20k for an fq400 and every single tuner - including the ones who worked on the fq400 said do not buy one - get a 340 or 360 instead.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts