Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My evo6 tme is just not running 100 percent at the mo and i was just wondering if any of you guys could help me diagnose the problem, when hard in the boost it seems to hesitate a bit but if you boost it slower its fine, changed the plugs around 1000 miles ago so i dont think that is it, any1 experienced this?

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
Overboosting

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Where abouts are you mate? may be someone local who you could lend there coilpacks to try to rule it out should it be needed :)

·
acting daft since 1969
19,606 Posts
engine earth could be a bit corrodid ,its been known

sounds like the plug gap ,what type of plugs have you got in it and what did you have before

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hks plugs yea some1 else mentioned the overboosting, it happened before the last plug change, then seemed better for a while but came back, its a strange 1 it almost jolts you forward when it happens.

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
hks plugs yea some1 else mentioned the overboosting, it happened before the last plug change, then seemed better for a while but came back, its a strange 1 it almost jolts you forward when it happens.
Sounds more like overboost to me, do you have a gauge to see what it's hitting?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no think im gonna have to take it to ai autosport let them sort it out bit to technical for me guys but im thinkin its coil related but il let you all know when sorted and settle the argument lol, cheers guys for the comments.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
p.s im in n.ireland starkers.
Good lord, another evo owner in Norn Iron lol, there's loads of us over here and its only over the last 12 -18 months where everyone has come out of hiding and is enjoying all kinds of the shows, meets and joint outings along with the Subaru Ireland guys that we have regular :smthumbup

Anyway back to business.......as Scott mentioned, it sounds like over boost to me where the frst thing you need to to do is check your boost levels by plumbing in a temp guage from out of your hood. It does sound like its the problem to be honest.

Changing the plugs takes around 10minutes and I generally change mine around 1500miles and have never had a problem. You can pick some BPR7ES or 8ES's up for around £7 quid so for that cost there's no harm in looking at that first. Its very rare that I have come across coil pack failure issues ;)

I work up around the Newtownabbey direction if you want any assistance and live over in the country East side of Belfast :smthumbup

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
Probably actuator on the way out combined with the cold weather causing to much boost.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i had something similar when i put my foot down fast it did not pick up right but if i did it slow it was ok but still at some point felt funny, i changed the coil pack and all was sorted,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts