Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what to know if it's a good idea (safe) to just fit a HKS (EVC) boost controller to a standard EVO 6 TM edition (except HKS drop in air filter). I want to set the max boost level to peak at 1.1 bar (maybe 1.2).

Please advise me all you EVO gurus out there!

Thanks in advance!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you put it up to only 1.1 or even 1.2 it should be fine, although you won't release the true potential unless you get an aftermarket exhaust. I think even 1.3 should be no problem, although I've never heard of anyone modding their car like that without an aftermarket exhaust. My tip would be to get an exhaust first and take it from there...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M K, Thanks for your tip. I've been told that if I got an aftermarket exhaust and modified air intake I will lose low end torque even though my HP will increase mid to high revs. Is this true? I drive in the city mostly and prefer to have low end torque. I thought a HKS EVC would be a good compromise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
evo6tm
You will lose low end torque with the exhaust, but not that much. If you up the boost without the exhaust, you will not notice a big difference, but up to 1,3 bars no pb.

Maybe you should get a smaller car for the city...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
evo6tm,
whatever you fit, boost controller or what, be sure to fit a boost gauge. Even if you are not screwing around with the boost too much, it is an important diagnostic tool. Otherwise the only time you will know when you are overboosting is when you get fuel cuts and they can be deleterious to your engine's health

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK people...........got the EVC fitted, but there was too much traffic to test it out properly........seems to pull better after 4000rpm........will keep you updated once I take it out late tonight (1AM)
My setting is LOW BOOST @ 1 bar with HIGH BOOST @ 1.2 bar and over-boost for 10secs @ 1.4 bar..........standard EVO6 ECU
.........wish me luck!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a question - how do you know the fueling is OK? On my old Scoob I had to add fuel esp at the top when I raised boost significantly using the EVC. Perhaps the EVO is different

Rich.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts