Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Looks great fun, might look into getting this done myself to brighten the place up a bit :crackup:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
:lol: :lol:

Yes well...............i was getting ready for a long day of "neons are the coolest thing ever on an EVO" and "neons are so much crap on an "EVO" :p

Very good. :D

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thats smart! glad it's not on the car though!

·
Registered
39,091 Posts
Thats quite cool, that you getting him prepared for when he gets a car :crackup: :crackup:

Lisa

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have the neighbours come round yet asking to use your new sun bed which you appear to have :) hee hee hee

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Lmao nice fire hazzard you got there, i used to be in the fire service and have entered houses with just mattress fires, and you cant see your hand in front of you,so unless your 100% sure thats safe i wouldn't use it.

You need a burberry duvet cover now!! :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
This is how they should be sold - not to kids to put on their cars, but under their beds - much better place for them :D

·
5,456 Posts
Zzzzzzzzzzap

I hope the bed post doesn't split the wire, could be some high voltage through the metal. In fact get a wooden bed, safer!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FoZzY & Beetle3501,

Thanks for your concern guys, but neons and LEDs don't generate any significant heat; the whole thing is powered by a very low current 12V DC source, which is fused; the wiring is all tie-wrapped so it cannot move around, and grommets are used where the wire has to pass through the metal bed frame.

It would be much more hazardous to have a standard tungsten filament bulb lamp on a table or cabinet beside the bed (which many people do) than it is to have this circuitry attached to the bed itself.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
neat

much warmer than a saxo when your taking your lady out for a ride,i,m guessing your sons to young for ladies at minute so not aimed at him no offence intended.looks cool :coolsm:

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Morris Minor said:
FoZzY & Beetle3501,

Thanks for your concern guys, but neons and LEDs don't generate any significant heat; the whole thing is powered by a very low current 12V DC source, which is fused; the wiring is all tie-wrapped so it cannot move around, and grommets are used where the wire has to pass through the metal bed frame.

It would be much more hazardous to have a standard tungsten filament bulb lamp on a table or cabinet beside the bed (which many people do) than it is to have this circuitry attached to the bed itself.
Thank god for that, im sure your son will impress the ladys with that!!!

Or is it really yours? ;)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Martin,

As I know you as Mr "It's gotta be Black", there was no chance I was going to open this up and see your motor covered in neons, and thank Christ I didn't ! - Funny though, do you get lots of visits from aliens ? :crackup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts