Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says just bought an HKS "silent power" cat back system for my II gsr. What they like, ? any one got one ?, what kind of gains can i expect, are they really silent ??(hope not too much :D ). Would love to hear what you all have to say and would also like advice on the right filter to go with it and also weather i could use a de-cat pipe with the standard down pipe and my after market HKS unit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello mate,
Ive got a hks hyper on mine, dont really know if theres much differents. sounds great! very deep note, quite loud.
If your after a bolt on filter! i would probably go for hks mushroom type as theres not a great deal of room.

Ive got the standard down pipe and cat in place at the moment, and the car came over with the exhaust on it so couldnt say about difference in performance, got to be somthing though.

jim

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Got an Hks hyper muffler on my evo 3 with decat and bullet down pipe. Makes a lovely sound but can set car alarms off :cool: Not much of a gain in power if you just change the back box. Benifits more when you de-cat and change down pipe.
As for the filter, i have got an Apexi induction kit but only for the reason that in past tests it has come out top on filteration and is also good value for money. Hks induction kit is proberbly the most popular but all induction kits need some kind of cold air feed or sectioned away from the engine so it does not suck up hot air. You could also use a HKS panel filter in the standered air box and supply that with a cold air feed. There are alot of options and these are just a few but i think they are the most common. :D
Hope i helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts