Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopped my VI in for a lovely yellow FQ300 VIII with yellow leather trim. Took it out for a test drive and the power wasn't up to my VI's power and the lag was more but the FQ still has a cat and the exhaust bung fitted. First thing I'll be doing is removing both to see how it goes. The handling was better than the VI, the car felt more planted and you could defo feel the ACD working under you. Low speed ride was better, steering seems a tad lighter but the road feel was still as good as with the VI. The rears have the original Advans and the fronts have some Toyo things. Not overly fussed as I'll be fitting PSIIs when it comes time for a change. It also comes with the dealer option of 50 Magic Trees, or at least that's what it smelled like on the test drive!!

I'm taking my docs in on Monday for the dealer to switch the plates over, should be picking it up the end of next week. Will post pics when I take some, but it's a yellow 8 so either use your imagination or look at Dral's pics :) Also so FQ400-18 Ivan's FQ400 parked up so hopefully it's all sorted for you.

Only other thing to say is to all those stuck in the past VI owners banging on about "rally heritage" and how good the VI looks. FFS guys, pull your fingers out and get with the program. Cars are for driving, not looking at!!

:D

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
Nice one Aidy :cool:

BTW I think Dral has a E7, jason4656 is the one with the E8 (for sale)

Enjoy, your Pimped Ride :D

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Nice choice Andy, welcome to the yellow Evo club ;)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Spanpody
> Nice choice Andy

*raises eyebrow*

> welcome to the yellow Evo club ;)

Does the fact that I was only after a yellow VIII and didn't care about the spec (as long as it wasn't a 260) make me a bad person? Or am I just more in touch with my feminine side? :D

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Aidy said:
> Nice choice Andy

*raises eyebrow*
...typo cant think why I typed Andy!

> welcome to the yellow Evo club ;)

Aidy said:
Does the fact that I was only after a yellow VIII and didn't care about the spec (as long as it wasn't a 260) make me a bad person? Or am I just more in touch with my feminine side? :D
:idea:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
how much did you pay out of interest? as i might be letting mine go 04 with 6500 miles on.

PhilG

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
mmmmmm! enjoy the motor pal, it will not be long before the 5s and 6's are just a thing from your past. :) like me u will evolve :)

PhilG

1 - 20 of 72 Posts