Lancer Register Forum banner

Just bought a VII

784 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Colonel Mullet 
#1 ·
In a situation that is perhaps familiar to many of you, my wife and I decided that we wanted a second car that was sensible, economical, quiet, comfortable and spacious… then we went and bought an Evo. I'm sure we can't be the only people who have experienced this kind of temporary loss of sanity, but it's still weird - you remember thinking rationally, considering the choices logically, looking at MPG figures and measuring load spaces, then there's a strange kind of blank episode and the next thing you know you're shaking the salesman's hand and finding you've put a deposit down on a beautiful Evo VII GT-A. Kind of like alien abduction, I guess. Minus the sore arse afterwards, obviously.

Of course, it could be argued that our lapse of good sense was perhaps more severe than most as there is also the issue of why the hell anyone of sound mind would buy a GT-A. Perhaps we'll just skip over that for the moment but if you press me on the issue I will mumble incoherently about better refinement, superior ride quality and no more fannying around with a clutch in city traffic. Although in truth it was the steering wheel gearchange buttons that really did it. Juvenile, me? How dare you...

Obviously as an ex-Reims owner I was compelled to purchase a car in a colour guaranteed to earn the respect and love of my fellow MLR members. To that end, our new car is finished in a particularly fetching GT-A colour which is a sort of greeny-goldy-metallic. I suspect that when concocting this particular paint mix the Japs were aiming for a classy touch of Champagne-Beige Metallic in an early-80s British Leyland stylee. Of course, things always get altered a little in the translation and what they have actually achieved is far, far superior; I suppose it could best be described as Slightly-Infected Urine. It's a truly fabulous colour, if a little disturbing - you almost expect to see little streaks of blood in it when you inspect it closely.

I will post some pictures once the car arrives so that you can all go green with envy (you may think it feels strangely like nausea but trust me, it's envy). In the meantime I will attempt to ascertain why I'm so happy, having just blown all the cash that was going to get the GTR some proper power and brakes on a car that meets precisely none of our requirements… Life, eh. It's a funny old game, innit? :D

See less See more
#8 ·
Colonel Mullet said:
Kind of like alien abduction, I guess. Minus the sore arse afterwards, obviously.

Obviously as an ex-Reims owner I was compelled to purchase a car in a colour guaranteed to earn the respect and love of my fellow MLR members. I suppose it could best be described as Slightly-Infected Urine. It's a truly fabulous colour, if a little disturbing - you almost expect to see little streaks of blood in it when you inspect it closely.

Life, eh. It's a funny old game, innit? :D
:crackup: You really should post more, you never fail to crack me up Mr. Mullet. :coolsm: Good luck with the car, does the wife like it? you just need to start saving again now..... :)

Pete

#9 ·
Welcome back to the fold Jay ;)

Hell ! you teachers must get highly paid :D Your pupil's pupils :crackup: will jump out like organ stoppers :eek: when you and your wife respecively park the cars at school.

Look forward to the pics and hope to see you at some of the events this year.

Goodbye Reims jokes....hello Slightly-Infected Urine :crackup:

Bob

#10 ·
Aidy said:
You bought a GT-A? Ah well, at least this is gonna take some attention away from the 260 owners :D
Ssshhh! Maybe they don't know I have a poofter's transmission and my real-man-sized spoiler will put them off the scent for a bit... Do you think I'd best keep quiet about the previous owner trading it in for an Audi TT?

Pete Iles said:
Good luck with the car, does the wife like it?
I hope so - it's going to be her car! She was a bit uncertain about the transmission at first as she's quite particular about her box, but once she got her hand round the knob and slid it into place she started working the buttons with her fingers and, well, there was no stopping her...

Netcom said:
Look forward to the pics and hope to see you at some of the events this year.
Indeed. :) However, I wouldn't advise parking next to us as the GT-A's plastic chrome interior door-handles will obviously make your car look cheap. :crackup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.