Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about to buy my first Evo, a silver 5 from Ralliart in Dudley. It has covered 42,000 miles - they are putting through a 42,000 service, replacing the discs and clutch. Is there anything I sould be aware of ? They are also putting a years warrenty on it (although I have read here that may not mean much )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Won't judge the car. However, I think the warranty will be OK. Just don't mod it, otherwise they will cry wolf and disown you. With the mileage I wouldn't risk it - especially as they are already changing the worst 2 items of EVO ownership - Clutch and Brakes. Should be a warning and an insight to others!

Nice colour and car! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your advice - I guess you mean that I should not risk modifications with the mileage?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mark

Yep. I mean keep the warranty - they may allow mods but talk to them first.

My point is that the warranty is useful until you get to know the car so don't risk waiving it. I'm sure they would be sympathetic as long as you check first!

Welcome to the 276 (minimum)bhp club! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again - Can't wait, although I am supposed to be buying it for the wife (keep the mileage down and a few brownie points!) I may get to drive it at the weekend if I'm lucky .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course you can mod the car! It invalidates the warranty, but if you want to mod it don't let that or the mileage stop you. Obviously modding it causes more wear of various parts, but that mileage shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts