Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to finally reach Master Member status a short note on the Jun-Evo.

In the latest Sport Auto Mag they tested the Jun-Evo on the short Hockenheim circuit. It just stamped some new records on the tarmac. First acceleration:
0-100km/h: 3.3secs
0-160km/H:7.0secs
0-200km/h: 10.5secs

0-160km/h-0: 11 secs

Top Speed: 275km/h

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Then they did a timed lap in Hockenheim. The car managed a stunning 1.10.7 min! For comparison a standard EVO RS II needs 1.18.4min. A standard Porker Turbo needs 1.15.0min. And the EVO wasn't even setup for this track!

The engine was running 1.7bar peak boost and produced 527hp at 7400 and 606NM at 5200.

This is very outstanding and should settle some argument which cars are fast!

Together with the Jun EVO there's a big article about the new EVO VII WRC with a lot of pics.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scoobymike,

Have you a URL for this article on line... could make interesting reading !

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never managed to find out on which day of the month it comes out.

Didnt they try it on the ring?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jevo

it's not available off-line but just got a scanner so maybe over the weekend I can try to scan it.

Claudius

maybe you should read the last page aswell as there you can find out when the next issue is due. Usually it's always the penultimate friday of the month.

They didn't test it on the Ring don't know why.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Scoobymike

Thought it was 'cos max power was at low revs.

Pity they didn't do a 1/4 mile or kilometre test as well. Still - gives us all something to aim for!

From another thresd - are the Falkens really that much better than Bridgestones? I will need new tyres after Donington.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evo Too

this yellow EVO is bloody quick. I had the chance to see the car in the pits in spring and despite those golden wheels (very Scooby like) it's one hell of a car. It runs on 255/40 ZR 17 Yokohama Advan 032R tyres on a 9.5 inch rim. The brakes are from Endless with a simple disc without any gimmicks. Maybe with a Movit kit it would have been even faster!;)

I haven't tried the Falkens on track but my mate had them on the Scoob during our two day Ring trip and was very happy. Another mate also gave me very positive comments. The wear rate won't be as good as with the Bridgestones but I can accept that when the performance of the tyre is better overall. When you look at the tread pattern it also more looks like a rain tyre (similar to the Yokohama AVS Sport).

Cheers

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts