Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
North Wales RO
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used a jump starter like this before?

Lithium-ion Jump Starter/Power Pack 235A 12V

It looks a good idea really if you have to jump start often. You can just stick this on mains charge and then whip it out if you need it.

This one has a maximum starting capacity for a 3ltr 4-Cylinder Petrol Engine but they do go up to 6ltr :eek:.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I've got a halfords one (its actually a ring but rebadged and cheaper) which has started everything including my diesel van and a big v8. It also has a handy inverter built in so it's useful for charging your phone if your at a multi day car show or camping :)

·
North Wales RO
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff, it's great to see that people have used similar with success then!

The one I've seen must be a tad over priced then. I'll have to have a good scout around. That Snap-On one does look good.

If there's a Halfords one that does the job for cheaper though, that could be more up my street :lol:

·
Registered
914 Posts
I've got a halford's one and its OK but won't start the wife's Honda CRV diesel but i'm not really surprised.Have you got a Halford's trade card???

Snap on is the business, I've used my mates but it should be at that price!

·
North Wales RO
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No trade card here Hillman :(.

I've not had a look at their website yet so I'll head over now. Does the Halford's one start the Evo ok? I'd guess it'll start our camper as it's only a small petrol engine.

:)

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
That one looks great as it is so small, but it's pricey.
I've got a booster pack which lives in the spare wheel space in the boot....does the job perfectly but shame it's so big.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've got the Halfords one, good bit of kit. Drove home about 25 miles after the Alternator on my MR2 died when I was out with it attached to my battery

·
North Wales RO
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers for the advice everyone. I picked this one up from Halfords this evening. :)

Fingers crossed it'll do the job. For £39.99 it's a cheap as chips anyway (expensive chips I know ;)).

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Cheers for the advice everyone. I picked this one up from Halfords this evening. :)

Fingers crossed it'll do the job. For £39.99 it's a cheap as chips anyway (expensive chips I know ;)).
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but stick it back on charge every 3 months or so. If not it can wreck the battery :smthumbup

·
Registered
583 Posts
I've got a halfords one (its actually a ring but rebadged and cheaper) which has started everything including my diesel van and a big v8. It also has a handy inverter built in so it's useful for charging your phone if your at a multi day car show or camping :)
Got the same 1 as you bud. Brilliant so it is. Really handy when out on my boat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts