Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought some second hand PF discs of a member and brand new XP8 pads.
Got serious judder when braking from high speed but not the rest of the time:confused:

Fairly sure the member of here wouldn't have shafted me with warped discs so wondering why the judder:confused:

I've followed the bedding in procedure detailed by Carbotech (as much as I could on the road) and done about 200 miles on them so far.

My car is great now (had some power mods) but struggles to stop which is going to be a problem at Donnington on 11/04, Nurburgring on 03/05 and Spa on 04/05.

Any advice greatfully received:smthumbup

Dan.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Who fitted the disks?

If it was you, did you make sure the hub and disk mounting surface was 100% free from rust, dirt and grime? Did you check the run out of the disk when mounted?

It sounds like the disks have just not been mounted correctly. As you've used them like this tough, you may have distorted the disk so it now has excessive run out.

First thing I'd do is take them off, clean up the mounting points and re-fit them. Then take the car for another drive and see if the issue is gone. If not, get a dial gauge and check the run out. If that is excessive, you can either get the rotor skimmed or replace them.

Paul

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were fitted by my tuner when the power mods were done.
I toyed with fitting them myself and his exact words were 'make sure there are no deposits to stop them fitting flush otherwise you will get a judder like there warped'. I can only assume he followed his own advice.

Obviously because they are second hand I have no come back with them.

Dan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts