Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joint Press Release - 15th March 2002

The Colt Car Company and Ralliart UK Ltd are today announcing the mutual termination of their 3 year Joint Venture for the importation and sale of Mitsubishi and Ralliart vehicles.

Effective immediately the Colt Car Company will become the sole authorised importer of Mitsubishi Ralliart vehicles and Ralliart UK will no longer trade using the Ralliart name.

Mr Jim Tyrell, Managing Director of the Colt Car Company said We wish Jon Kirkham and Peter Collinson well in the future and believe that will carve out a successful niche in the supply and maintainance of performance vehicles and parts. The Colt Car Company now plans to focus on its core business of marketing and promoting Mitsubishi and Ralliart vehicles through its national network of dealers

Ralliart UK will shortly be announcing its plans for the future.

Ends

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for providing the info.
I am sure this is a worrying time for 'official' Ralliart UK owners especially regarding the warranty/servicing situation however, no doubt this has been discussed and their interests will be covered so people do not panic!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you guys are worried for no reason. There are still the same people at Ralliart and I cant imagine them telling you they do not replace something under warranty because of a name change.

You have always said on here how long it took CCC to get the official cars when Ralliart had them months before. Look at what Sam posted about his electrical problems, a lot of dealers have no idea about Evos.

Ralliart UK after their name change will try even harder since it sounds like CCC want to take over the market for Ralliart vehicles . In addition to that, I'm not sure your local CCC dealer can program an ECU or do any tuning except fit a panel air filter. Ralliart are expensive, but that's about their only drawback; I've always got lots of helpful, friendly and honest people on the phone (Jon and Toney).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts