Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did some testing with Jim today to see if his gearchanges are up to scratch.
Unfortunately his car wouldn't boost past 1.77bar. Dunno why, I turned up the duty but nothing happened.:shrug:

Anyway, Jim's gearchanges seem ok to me. He has the RS box in and his car flies even on lowish boost:) Here'ss the results:

30-130. Downhill on this run.

0-127

0-100

30-130

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Kenny, cheers for this aft mate, appreciate it, im quite happy with that, shows where I can improve, pity I wasn't getting the extra as its mapped as you know for 2b peak and to hold that across, never seen my changes but as I say, quite happy, room for im provement.

I bet yours can do these figures on low boost aswell mate.

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Looking good there Jim :smthumbup Now get that boost sorted so we can see what it'll do at the 30-130 :naughty:

Scott

7,730 Posts
Kenny, cheers for this aft mate, appreciate it, im quite happy with that, shows where I can improve, pity I wasn't getting the extra as its mapped as you know for 2b peak and to hold that across, never seen my changes but as I say, quite happy, room for im provement.

I bet yours can do these figures on low boost aswell mate.
Good effort Jim :D
You will love it on the day! Are you pair stopping over or traveling down on the day? ;)

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Looking good there Jim :smthumbup Now get that boost sorted so we can see what it'll do at the 30-130 :naughty:

Scott
aye need to have a good look, I don't thgink its a boost leak as its not making any funny telltale noises, hmm

Good effort Jim :D
You will love it on the day! Are you pair stopping over or traveling down on the day? ;)
Me and the missus going down Friday Matt, stopping in Kings Lynn I think bud, bit too far on the day :blah:

Was the 0-100 done rolling as 0-60 in 4.69 ? thought it would sub 4's ??

Lee
yeah slight rolling start I think Lee, tried to launch it but 1st time since engien done and made a slight mess, riding clutch a bit tbh, not keen on doing it though as knowing my luck......

jim you having a few set up issues?
looks as though it goes pretty well, i couldnt see it when i followed last time
yeah its been fine Craig, peaking at 2 bar but all of a sudden today it was flat, max it peaked was 1.8b and still managed half decentish times, would be nice to see what a full 2bar or 2.2 b would do.

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
yeah slight rolling start I think Lee, tried to launch it but 1st time since engien done and made a slight mess, riding clutch a bit tbh, not keen on doing it though as knowing my luck......

I know what you mean Jim, it does make you wonder if its all going to hold when you give it full bore.

Good times tho mate, you should get quicker with full boost and a bit of practice:smthumbup

Lee

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I know what you mean Jim, it does make you wonder if its all going to hold when you give it full bore.

Good times tho mate, you should get quicker with full boost and a bit of practice:smthumbup

Lee
Hopefully bud, gonna refain from launching I think, hopefully work on the left foot brake technique Kenny was on about and a rolling start in 1st.

Would be nice to see 11.5 but might be asking a bit too much this time around.

·
Registered
36,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jim's 12.76 going downhill, Northy up in york flat, and mine on a slight decline: Different days, different places, different drivers but what it does show is the difference between gearchanges and the difference between the RS 130 boxes and the RS 4:11 box.

Jim: Green:
Northy: Blue
Me: Red:

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Il have that old knacker Northy you see if I don't pmsl

Mine looks a tad tad stronger in 3rd and 4th but probably cos Ive more momentum going downhill???

You must rev that motor an all Paul.

Look at the difference with the extra HP eh kenny. Looks like you had a cig in your hand between 4th and 5th but still made it by a country mile

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
aye, bosch inline will be going on then will get it remapped and then see what it can do at Marham, hopefully sumat respectable.

Rob, does Bulmer do Autronics mate?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts