Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

First time posting, so hopefully I get this right.

I have just done a repin of my Evo 8 MR 3 plug loom into a 4 plug (4-8) in order to work the Link G4X ECU.

The pin out maps in the forum have been super helpful and have the majority of the wiring completed... Apart from a few, which I need help with.

All pin out descriptions have been taken from the Pinout Maps found in this forum - thank you to the people who spent the time doing it! :)

Here we go:
Link ECU Pin DescriptionEvo 8 -260 Pin OutEvo 9 - Pin OutWire Colour - My pickNOTE/Q's
A/C Clutch (22)A/C Comp Relay (P-8)
A/C Control Unit (G-Y -24)
A/C Pressure Switch (also P-45)
A/C Relay (P-20)
A/C (G-Y-65)
A/C Pressure Switch (also P-83)
A/C Relay (P-20) or is it the A/C Pressure Switch (P83) - they same colour wiresWhat wire should i be using to connect the A/C Clutch too?
A/C Request (45)A/C Comp Relay (P-8)
A/C Control Unit (G-Y -24)
A/C Pressure Switch (also P-45)
A/C Relay (P-20)
A/C (G-Y-65)
A/C Pressure Switch (also P-83)
??A/C Control = Request???
Ground Signal (92)Sensor Ground (pin B-92)Analogue Ground (B- 49)/Sensor Ground (B-34)Analogue Ground (B- 49)Unsure which one?

Thanks all

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
It would have been a lot easier if you bought the evo 9 G4X. Link themselves say that their evo 9 ecu works for both evo 8MR 3-plug and evo 9. All you have to do is turn off VVT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would have been a lot easier if you bought the evo 9 G4X. Link themselves say that their evo 9 ecu works for both evo 8MR 3-plug and evo 9. All you have to do is turn off VVT.
Hi mate

Thanks for the reply and help. You're right, but at the time the ECU's were out of stock and I had purchased this about a year ago... So making the best out of a bad situation.

Good news is that the car is running and has a base tune to allow me to drive it onto a trailer - get it to the tuner.

I am still unsure about the:
A/C - do i need to hook up the AC Pressure switch to control the A/C? Or is this not needed.
Engine Fans - these are continually staying on. I dont know how to set them up to come on only when it reaches temp.

Any help will be good :)

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts