Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another one for your diary kiddos !

On the 11th November, there is a big Jap Car meet at the Bolney Stage pub on the A23 in Bolney, Sussex (nr. Gatwick). There is currently a confirmed list of 40 cars inc. GTiR's, Skylines, Supras, GT4's, Scoobies, Evo's etc etc.

The management of the Pub have been forewarned of this meeting and are looking forward to having us all down there. The car park can hold about 60 or so cars (prob more with a bit of clever parking).

I'm hoping quite a few people will be interested in this, it will be a big meeting !!! The meeting time is from midday onwards and should go on for most of the afternoon.

A few of you guys have showed some interest so far, it would be interesting to see what other response there is. Obviously we will be doing the South Mimms meet, M25 convoy as per usual (always a good laugh). We would need to leave from South Mimms by 11am to get to the pub for between 12 - 12.30pm (depending on traffic)

Should be a top day !!

Cheers

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
45 cars now confirmed.

Can anyone who wants to come please indicate their interest on this thread so I can let the organiser know how many Evo's are planning to come. I will keep a running tally throughout the coming weeks.

This is planned to be the last big Japanese Car meet of the year. The guys from Fast Car magazine will be there to cover the event and hopefully Scary Steve's turbo'd MX5 will be ready by then.

Thanks

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Si,
As always i'll do my best to be there,chances are i will so put me down.especially if there bringing some models with them :D
i mean cars of course ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be there also. Car probably won't even have had a chance to warm up by the time I get there tho' :)

Geffers

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Right then, so far we have

Me
LeeLegend
C2GSR
Geffers
AndyRSX |PLS| Su (if they can mae the arrangements)

Any more?

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys,

I will be there, and after 10 months off the road, will be bringing my supra,
which im collecting tomorrow (Wed 24th); if anyone wants to know
what 550bhp feels like.....jump in !

There should be atleast 10 supras :cool:

Anyone fancy a blast down to Brighton afterwards ?????????

ps I will be bringing some Evo4/5/6 A-pillar pods (twin 52mm gauges) if anyone
is interested....they are bloody gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Justin Foden
www.torqueic.com

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Hi people,

New plans for this meet.

After actually checking where Bolney is (halfway between Gatwick and Brighton) there will be a slight change in the convoy route and meeting times.

10.15am Meet at South Mimms Services J23

10.30am Leave South Mimms and head CLOCKWISE round the M25, Slowing down around J28 to pick up the Skyline boys.

11.30am Meet at Clackett Lane Services to pick up anyone from South of London that wants to join the convoy.

11.45am Turn off at Junction 7/8 M23 down to Brighton

12.15 approx arrive at Bolney.

Do we have any more interest?

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Si,
It looks like you can definitely add me and Su down for this one. It's looking like it should be a good day out and we're both going to take the Monday off work so we can come along.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
oh no, i thought i had made this one far enough away so you wouldnt come.

typical northerner, bunking off work....

sounds like another mimms outing to me, see you there mate.
lee

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
The latest word from the organiser:

Just to let you know, we've now reached 50 cars

We've 16 GTI-R's, 8 Skylines, several supras (including the blitz Racelogic
one), several celica's, EVO's, Scoobies, just to name a few. Anymore people
turning up now will be a bonus....(obviously it's likely that one or two
people won't make it, but on the whole this should be a HUGE meet).

Thanks for showing interest in this meet guys....i appreciate it. On the
back of this, i may arrange another one for next spring .. when the weather
is starting to cheer up again, but for now, i'm just looking forward to the
meet in 2 weeks time.

Thanks again....look forward to seeing you all on the 11th.

Thanks

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Simon, Yes will be going now (other half's sister has moved down that way) - probably be on my own

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the attendance list to date and whether meeting at South Mimms or whatever

Me (Mimms)
LeeLegend (Mimms)
AndyF_RSX (Mimms)
C2GSR (Clackett Lane or Mimms ??)
Night Kids R (Clackett Lane)
Justin Foden (Clackett Lane or Bolney)
Geffers (Bolney)
AntsEvo (yet to confirm)

As a reminder - South Mimms 10.15
Clackett Lane 11.30
Bolney 12.15

Be there or be square :):)

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Simon

Where abouts at J28 will you be picking up the Skyline boys as I will either come down the A12 or M11 so I just wanted to check. Or I could just come all the way to South Mimms. But anyway I should be up for this one.

Thorak

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Thorak

i live in loughton (on the m11), so i could meet you at the waltham abbey turn, for a blast round to mimms.

lee
evo 6 tme

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Guys...

Id be up for this one providing the rest of the family give me some time off....

May bring a mate who fancies a skyline and another mate who has a 6gsr

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Thorak,

After we pass J27 we will call Glen (R34 Skyline T78 single turbo !) who will be sitting in the Little Chef/Esso services just by the roundabout at J28. We'll be passing there at some point between 10.30am and 10.45am. If you want to meet with the Skyline boys and then hook up with us on the M-way I suggest you are there before 10.30am.

If you want to meet us at South Mimms you will have to be there before 10.15am.

Cheers

Si

1 - 20 of 42 Posts