Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,

Just a quick post to let you know the launch issue of J-Tuner magazine will be out next week.

First drive of Evo IX in launch issue!

More info and a sneaky peek of the IX feature on our holding page www.jtunermagazine.co.uk

Cheers,

Steve C

P.S Free DVD with first issue!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Hi scary, as a compulsive buyer of mags Autocar, EVO, Car, Top Gear, I will probably buy your mag initially but as soon as it gets full of birds sticker jobs and bodykits it will stay on the shelf. Is this the direction you are taking,or are you more Car and car conversions rather than Fast car. :)

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
JOHN'S RED VII said:
Hi scary, as a compulsive buyer of mags Autocar, EVO, Car, Top Gear, I will probably buy your mag initially but as soon as it gets full of birds sticker jobs and bodykits it will stay on the shelf. Is this the direction you are taking,or are you more Car and car conversions rather than Fast car. :)
Bloody good question John - you could save me the effort of pickin it up - just like the mistake i made with Fast and Chavified! :blah:

However .... C&CC :cry: , PPC, EVO, Autocar and Retro cars Type will get my money

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I should add to my last comment scary (spice? - ouch sorry) but if it is a chav mag you would unfortunately likely do better buisness as for some unfathomable reason more of these are sold than the GOOD mags.
I just put it down to the amount of spotty youths that have not grown up / picked up the courage to reach to the top shelf yet!

Thank god when i was a kid there was a plenty supply of stuck together numbers in the local bins - thats whats called as having a good upbringing! ;) :D

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Thank god when i was a kid there was a plenty supply of stuck together numbers in the local bins - thats whats called as having a good upbringing! ;) :D [

There was no greater thrill when going "stream hopping" in the local woods and finding a load of rain sodden gentlemens mags ;) and taking them back to your den :D

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
[There was no greater thrill when going "stream hopping" in the local woods and finding a load of rain sodden gentlemens mags ;) and taking them back to your den :D [/B][/QUOTE]

You've taken that too far!!! :crackup:
In our den we used to get my mates big sister to read the stories - never did manage to persuade her to play nurse....... wouldn't have made much difference - too young to stream hop!

Is it possible to produce a stream and hop it at the same time?

Mmmm - too far yes i've taken it - think its time to think about the general election :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
have heard this wont be a jap chav mag and better than jap performance and banzai so should be good sounds like they have some good cars being featured etc
about time we had another jap mag to read :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
They have just come to the Mitsu Colt RR day last week which should be featured in the third edition. I hear its going to be more EVO mag style Journalism but on the basis of Jap Performance mag.

·
Administrator
4,680 Posts
Spoke to Steve a while ago and he told me that JTuner will be the Japanese car equivalent of EVO magazine; serious car mag, slick design, top photography and words - and no tits, phone line ads etc. so should be good!

Not long before we all find out! Looking forward to it!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JOHN'S RED VII said:
LOL! Haven't worked on Fast Car for about 4-years! Been on two other grown up car magazines since then! :p

Best way to describe the mag is a cross between Evo, CCC and maybe a bit of Top Gear.

Our target market is 25 to 40 years old, whereas most other mags aim for 12 to 30 year olds.

You'll see from my first ed page how anti 'bling' we are :D

Forgot to mention, we've got a sneaky peek of the Ralliart Evo IX as well as the IX GT :D

Cheers,

Steve C

P.S Darin - we want to shoot your 2000 Turbo very soon. Gimme a bell!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just remember scoobies,evos and skylines arent the only jap cars out there.Some of the more established jap mags appear to have forgotten this :rolleyes: ,thats why i dont buy them anymore :p .Some old skool would be nice aswell.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
scary steve said:
LOL! Haven't worked on Fast Car for about 4-years! Been on two other grown up car magazines since then! :p

Best way to describe the mag is a cross between Evo, CCC and maybe a bit of Top Gear.

Our target market is 25 to 40 years old, whereas most other mags aim for 12 to 30 year olds.

You'll see from my first ed page how anti 'bling' we are :D

Forgot to mention, we've got a sneaky peek of the Ralliart Evo IX as well as the IX GT :D

Cheers,

Steve C

P.S Darin - we want to shoot your 2000 Turbo very soon. Gimme a bell!
Cool i'll give it a try!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Just had the first issue and its looks good!

Worth the cover fee for sure.. Nice one Steve & Co.

Rob

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Just got it from WH Smith ! Really good mag with very good write ups and my car is even pictured at the Box hill meet !! :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just got the mag 2. It seems pretty cool, more relaxed than the other 2(jap performance and banzai), lets hope it stays chav free :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts