Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CCC rang me today to tell me my ix was going through the fitting of FQ bits and sva as we spoke.

hope to get sva cert in next few days so i can get it registered. won tbe long now me thinks :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Nice one.

Best get on to Dave so you can change your name to 'Just got a IX' :D

I hadn't realised that the CCC FQ cars were coming through so quickly. What dealer did you go through?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uk spec rhd fq340 m8 in silver.

marcus at extreme postin (tomorrow i hope) aps 3" turbo back, aps dump valve, aps induction kit plus some braided hoses to me to play with when it gets here :D

got a walbro from moses (cheers) waitin and should have had a sard fpr on its way but 5400rpm on ebay sent my payment back cos i wasnt varified so now i got to wait till i am so i can resend payment :cry:

unless any1 else wants to step in and steal the deal :eek: all i need is that he can take paypal

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ask! it wont be offered as i suspect they got a few viiis hanging around they wanna get rid of first :rolleyes:

any dealer in uk can and should sell u 1 and give u the info. the intranet release went out to all dealers ages ago.

if ur local dealer is hanging back there will be a reason :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
just got a viii said:
uk spec rhd fq340 m8 in silver.

marcus at extreme postin (tomorrow i hope) aps 3" turbo back, aps dump valve, aps induction kit plus some braided hoses to me to play with when it gets here :D

got a walbro from moses (cheers) waitin and should have had a sard fpr on its way but 5400rpm on ebay sent my payment back cos i wasnt varified so now i got to wait till i am so i can resend payment :cry:

unless any1 else wants to step in and steal the deal :eek: all i need is that he can take paypal
How come you're getting a 3" APS exhaust when the IX FQ340 already comes with a totally adequate exhaust?

Ben

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont fancy the 2.25 hks its too restrictive, plus the aps is true id 3" from the elbow back. tried the nur spec on my mr340 and fancy a change so gonna go for the following.

aps 3"
aps relocation kit and filter
aps dump valve
walbro pump
sard fpr

then its a question of ecutek or autronics and i am at the moment between them both so will wait a while a see which way i go.

why did u keep the standard on urs? how is yours progessin yet? sva done? not heard from u on here in a bit

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
just got a viii said:
dont fancy the 2.25 hks its too restrictive, plus the aps is true id 3" from the elbow back. tried the nur spec on my mr340 and fancy a change so gonna go for the following.

aps 3"
aps relocation kit and filter
aps dump valve
walbro pump
sard fpr

then its a question of ecutek or autronics and i am at the moment between them both so will wait a while a see which way i go.

why did u keep the standard on urs? how is yours progessin yet? sva done? not heard from u on here in a bit
Collect the car for real any day now.....

Not sure how much you'll get from thos mods over the FQ340 kit....

I would just de-cat the HKS exhuast, do the fuel pump and FPR and then ECU.

I think the dump valve & inlet will not do that much over the items on your car, but hey they're cheap anyway.

You'll love the car, the 450 miles I did in mine confirm there is a noticable step over the VIII.

Enjoy!

Ben

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Hmm spoke to a dealer and they said the initial dealer only demo cars will be ready by end of June. I suspect CCC are trying to make a statement by releasing a very early unit to yourself. I do not know of anyone else who is getting an EVO IX in fact if you ask just about any dealer they say they still have not been given a date to actually sell the cars. :confused:

I've spoke to 3 dealers about this by the way and they all pretty much say the same thing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
GlobalGB said:
Hmm spoke to a dealer and they said the initial dealer only demo cars will be ready by end of June. I suspect CCC are trying to make a statement by releasing a very early unit to yourself. I do not know of anyone else who is getting an EVO IX in fact if you ask just about any dealer they say they still have not been given a date to actually sell the cars. :confused:

I've spoke to 3 dealers about this by the way and they all pretty much say the same thing.
Cars are on sale as such mate, but at the moment you can only call them up to your dealership for sold order, be that a customer or demo. There are currently 87 physical in the country, so most will be dealer demos, plus the few lucky punters who put their names down early.

The only dates as such that have been quoted are demo's will all be in place by 31 July. The lucky few customer orders will also probably fall into that bracket.

There is however, a spot of good news however. 260 aside, this is the first time the Dealer Network will be able to carry unregistered Evo's actually in stock, which should massively cut the 18 day lead time as there was for the VIII/MR's. Also suggests to me that they anticipate have a good "buffer stock" in place very quickly... :)

Supply mid to long term therefore won't be a problem.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
spoke again with colt cars friday, they confirmed my car was about to have sva test and son as it was done the car would be sent over to me.

i need 2 weeks to register the car starting from when i can get a faxed copy of sva cert. ccc still say 3rd or 4th week june for delivery.

i placed my order around mid may for mine, dont know if that is concidered early or not

1 - 16 of 16 Posts