Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely gutted, let my cat out last night and she aint come home. She doesnt wander very far so we think the worst. Any of you guys ever had this prob :cry:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
my mate had two cats, one of them went missing and never came back. then a few months later the second one disappeared, obviously he feared the worst but after about 5 days it returned. so hang in there mate you never know yours might return as well.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Don't panic yet mate, we've 2 cats and live out in the country, every now and again they disappear for a couple of days, sometimes longer, but they know where the food is and come back eventually. Hope for the best !!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
If you have a catflap it should just come home when it gets bored and hungry. Hope puss is safe + well.

·
Registered
24,446 Posts
Maybe its just been nosey and gone in someones garage, I found a neighbours mancoon cat in ours I gave it a full tin of Tuna :D

·
Twincharger Guru
4,560 Posts
One of my cats goes away for about 6 weeks every year but always returns thin and scraggy. Hang in there, cats do whatever they please. I have 6 of them now, most of them go away for a few days at a time but always return

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for the back up guys i really will be gutted if anything has happened to her boo hoo

·
Registered
764 Posts
You've not just moved house have you?... I have and both returned back to the old house, had to collect em several times.

Kept em in for 2 months to get them used to the new house!!! now they won't fekin go out!!
Cats are cats the seem to do as they please, including going missing for a few days, then they come home full of song.

Hope she makes a return.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Had loadsa puddies go walkabout dude dont worry! Longest was six months and we'd moved but left a picture of her for the people who bought our house. Get a phone call off them one day and there she is lookin really fat- obviously someone had been lookin after her really well. They are food whores its nothin personal lol

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Give it a day or two and see if it comes back.

Our eldest cat went missing for a month, found out she was staying at a neighbours near by. We have got ours micro chipped, this helps if they go missing and someone takes them to a rescue center as they will call us to say they have one of our cats.

Have you tried the rescues?

Some people do phone there local radio station and they put an announcement on to contact the radio station if they have seen it.

Hope she does come back, I know what you are going through. Yeh it's only a cat some people say, but they do end up being part of the family.

T

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
First of all dont panic.

Cats often go off for a wander for a couple of (we have two) and 9.9/10 they come back.

If the cat has bedding like a basket or towel etc you could try leaving this out the back door so if they are a bit lost this can help them 'smell' their way back.

If after a couple of days they still have not returned, then start speaking to your neighbours and see if they can check their hut/garage etc. Go walkabout and start looking, if its a house cat they wont venture too far..

If the cat is scared it will be hiding out somewhere and will only make a move from its safe place when it gets very hungry.

All the best, been there.

·
Registered
24,446 Posts
just remembered a while back we got a note through the door about a moggy gone awol only a small strip of paper but a note with peoples phone number asking the local homes to check their sheds and garages may be worth printing some off and going posting ;)

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Makes said:
just remembered a while back we got a note through the door about a moggy gone awol only a small strip of paper but a note with peoples phone number asking the local homes to check their sheds and garages may be worth printing some off and going posting ;)
Yeah ive got my mate printing me some off. Im going to post them tomorrow all round the estate.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Missing Cat

EvoJayJay said:
Soz to hear you lost your cat mate. I know it not a much help now but had same thing happen before so got one of these:

http://www.loc8tor.com/

Can always find the furry little thing now. Hope the cat turns up.

JJ
Thats just the ticket. I thought about something like that before but didnt know i could get one

·
Registered
804 Posts
Really feel for you - it's the not knowing that makes you feel the worst.

I'm sure she'll turn up - probably a bit dirty and scared - i often wonder what they go and get up to, Cat cam would be a great adventure i'm sure.

Good luck anyway, try and be patient but definitely go round all the doors knocking with a photo - usually someone would have spotted her

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Captain Carling said:
Absolutely gutted, let my cat out last night and she aint come home. She doesnt wander very far so we think the worst. Any of you guys ever had this prob :cry:
Ours once disappeared for over a week, came back happy as larry... they sometimes seem to get distracted by something interesting and don't come back for a bit.

Fingers crossed for you.

Ben

1 - 20 of 38 Posts