Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my white TME last Friday - having the 1000 mile service this Friday :D

I've had the chance of sex five times so far - three times with girls and twice with boys.

The funniest thing to happen to me so far was on Saturday afternoon. I parked up along side the road and walked to the parking meter about 50M away. As I was walking back there was an old couple slowly walking along looking in the direction of my car and muttering away. As I got closer I plipped the plipper to unlock the doors and they suddenly realised the car belonged to me. The lady said 'Oh I'm so sorry young man - I didn't realise the car was yours I don't know what it was she actually said to get husband but I'm pretty sure it wasn;t favourable!!! :D

I've stuck some pictures up on a web page. It looks suprisingly clean considering I've done 500 miles so far almost exclusively in the rain!

http://www.homeusers.prestel.co.uk/dek/evo/evohome.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wheels look as dirty as yours the day after I wash them, say 50 miles 20 of which in town...

You didnt pay that much for the fog lamps, right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Daz - I'd never even thought about those side repeater lenses - where can I can I get some clear ones from (and more importantly who can I get to fit them - I'm sure the wings would be scratched beyond repair if I tried!)

Also, you were joking about telling the insurance company about them right? I've got about £2k worth of extras fitted to the car and havn't told the insurance about any of it!

Claudius - Yeah the fog lamps were £350 for the kit (it is a proper Mitsubishi / Ralliart supplied kit) and another £350 for the fitting. Apparently it takes a man a day to fit them. I wondered too about blocking that air intake but apparently, according to Mitsubishi, it's more cosmetic then functional anyway.

If you want a little summer job next yeah then get yourself over to the UK and you can keep my wheels clean on a daily basis for me. I may even let you kip on the back seats if you do a particually good job on them :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hello cookie . are the front lights you fitted fog or driving lights? im picking up my new tme tommorow and was going to fit these to the car in the near future. i thought i would be the first to fit these as i havent seen anyone else with them fitted. i thought they were a secret. hope u like the car as im sure you will.this will be my fifth evo due to chopping and changing to various makes;but ive come to the definite;definite;definite conclusion that there is nosubstitute for the mitsubishi evolution.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry guys,

you are right Shorty, I didnt realise this before I re-read it just now, but every####inthing I said was negative, sorry. I didnt mean it like that. I'm actually very well today!

CCC (Chocolate Chip Cookie)

350 GBP is half a month's pay for a mechanic here. I'm amazed they charge that much. How do they fit that, especially on the driver's side (RHD)?¿ (sorry, learned that today).

The air inlet is not functional as it is when you pick up the car, but you can make it work (see other threads). Looks nice with the lamps though.

You can buy clear side repeaters from Power engineering, click on Mitsubishi, products and exterior. I'm sure Ralliart or UPAuto have them too. Maybe check the Coordsport clearance pdfs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got my repeators from power engineering, cost about £20.00 ? Yes, I was joking about the insurance company. But I would tell your company about the mods you have made.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got my side repeaters from UPAuto, who were slightly cheaper than anywhere else. They are made by ABC Design (AutoArt), and are easy to fit yourself. Just pull the back edge of the originals towards you and out they pop. Change the bulbs and pop the new ones in, takes about two minutes :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got my side repeaters from UPAuto, who were slightly cheaper than anywhere else. They are made by ABC Design (AutoArt), and are easy to fit yourself. Just pull the back edge of the originals towards you and out they pop. Change the bulbs and pop the new ones in, takes about two minutes :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
simakinen: 'Mak Evo One' who posts here has also got the lamps on his TME that he got a few weeks ago. I've also seem them fitted to a blue TME at the dealer. Now to answer your question, they are Fog Lamps. The thing is though mine don't actually work yet!!!!! Apparently the switch that was supplied with the fitting kit was faulty and so I am having that sorted at the 1000 mile service tomorrow (Friday)

The dealer reckoned that they come on automatically when you switch the rear fog lamp on. Seems a bit weird to me but I will let you know once mine are sorted.

Claudius: Well my dealer charges out their labour at £55 per hour and like I say it takes a mechanic a day to fit them. Apparently the whole front bumber/airdam assembly has to be removed from the car and then a hole has to be cut in the drivers side of it by hand with a saw! The garage reckon it's a pretty horrendous job. Then I guess they have to install all the wiring and fit the switch etc and put it all back together again.

Anyway thanks to everyone for all the info on the side repeaters. I'll get on the blower and sort that out next week :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Claudius, I guess it's just another penalty of living here in the UK. Everything car releated is expensive - labour/insurance/road tax and of course the cars themselves.

I have heard of a BMW garage charging £75 per hour in London.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BTR in Castleford (Ralliart approved rally prep place) charge only £30 an hour. And they give you a discount off that even if you don't ask for one!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts